Spyder Garage

Default Brake linkage install problem.

img_9886.jpg

Lastnight , I tried to install my brake linkage, but ran into the problem on removing the 2 screws that located under the footpeg, it seems to be super tough to remove by saying that it's even tighter than the bolt that held the handlebar. Is there anything that I did wrong or is there any screw number that I need to use to take it off.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    img_9886.jpg

Lastnight , I tried to install my brake linkage, but ran into the problem on removing the 2 screws that located under the footpeg, it seems to be super tough to remove by saying that it's even tighter than the bolt that held the handlebar. Is there anything that I did wrong or is there any screw number that I need to use to take it off.
    It appears to be a well known fact that BRP uses 50 % ( or more ) of all the Lok-Tite made in the universe ……. ... so I'm guessing a lot of it is on those bolts ….. This trick may help you, put a decent size soldering iron on the bolt head and see if that breaks it free ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

From that pic it looks like you are using an allen key wrench. Get yourself a set of allen and Torx that fit your socket wrench. Some do need a little heat. You can get one of those small torches they sell at Home Depot.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you have a piece of pipe that would fit over your wrench and extend beyond the end of it, this would give you a little more leverage. Just be sure that the tool is properly inserted so you don’t screw up the bolt.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    img_9886.jpg

The bolts are loaded with Lock-Tite. You need a 5mm hex head socket and wrench. A breaker bar would help. My wrench skipped a couple times when removing the bolts due to the Low-Tite.