Spyder Garage

Default Spyders moving outside for a bit, looking for covers

Hi everyone,
    So we are moving to a new place in a little less than a month. Once we a re settled we will be looking into putting up a building to store our two F3S's in (his and hers). Until then, sadly, our bikes will remain outside and I REALLY don't want them in the weather. I'm looking for advice on covers please. They are both 2018 F3S models. They both have the Madstadt 16" windshield and mine has the BRP factory driver and passenger backrests and passenger armrests.
    Getting a storage unit to keep them in is not a practical option and I need to wait a month or so before I get the logistics of the building I want to put up figured out at the new place. This will only be for a month or so and I'm looking for some solid advice from those of you who have any experience with useable covers for your bikes.
    As always, thanks for the help!
    2018 F3S , Black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Do you have room for one of these while you build. Covers are a pain to put on, take off and store. One of these portable garages work great and cost about the same as a single cover would. Half the price of 2 covers.

click for portable garage

portable garage.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

How much you want to spend and how long will it be till the new homes are built. The above is one way to go besides the full cover. OEM covers are way more expensive than aftermarket like Nelson Riggs and others. There are also other temp shed types to look into...good luck hope it is a short spell for the kids to be out there....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I bought a cover for a large utv on wish.com. fits remarkabely well. it probably wouldn't last a winter in snow but is great for rain dirt ect.

Spyder Garage

I bought one of these from Amazon. I have the F3-S with no windshield, but there's a zippered pocket for the windshield, and rear backrest. The cover goes on and off easily. The black does sunfade quickly, though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Do you have room for one of these while you build. Covers are a pain to put on, take off and store. One of these portable garages work great and cost about the same as a single cover would. Half the price of 2 covers.

click for portable garage

portable garage.jpg

If you go the portable garage/shed route. I recommend screw-in anchors that are attached to the top frame pieces instead of tent pegs to anchor it to the ground. It could do a good amount of damage to your F3S's if it lifts free in a gust of wind. Voice of experience talking, I have seen two 10 x 20 canopies take off in the ND/MN wind. They weren't holding vehicles, just people. The first one was difficult to catch as it rolled along, the second one came apart and was destroyed. My son-in-law in FL lost one that had the legs anchored in cement, the legs stayed in place and the top pieces came loose and put some nasty scratches in the hood and roof of a car.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Tony

2012 RT-S SE5 - Viper Red
    Castle Atom SV Tarmac Modular Helmets
    Sena SMH5 Headsets
    Ultraguard Half Cover
    Hopnel Luggage: Frunk, Top Case, and Saddlebags
    Big Bike Parts Short Spiral Antenna
    Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50R15 Rear Tire - Got almost 18,000 miles before replacement with Riken Raptor
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 165/65R-14 Front Tires
    BajaRon Spark Plugs and Wires
    EBC Rear Pads and Rotor from BajaRon
    Riken Raptor HR 215/60-15 Rear Tire

Future Plans:
    2013 Cooling Kit
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    High-Mount Brake Light
    2012 RT-S , Viper Red

Spyder Garage

Just for temporary shelter it is fairly cheap and easy to build a frame from PVC pipe and put a tarp on it. I use the covers that fit on the bike when I am traveling, for overnight only. Don't like those covers for storage of a few days even, because squirrels, mice, and other critters will move in and set up housekeeping on your covered bike. If there is heavy winds the covers flapping could damage the finish too.

Look up PVC greenhouse plans and there are hundreds of ways to build, cheap easy frames that would do for temporary shelter. I have built a lot of hot bed covers and such from PVC. Don't even need any plans. It is easy to bend and glue up. Bury some cement blocks on the corners and tie it down.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Recommend here before
    http://www.thebikebarn.net/

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    So we are moving to a new place in a little less than a month. Once we a re settled we will be looking into putting up a building to store our two F3S's in (his and hers). Until then, sadly, our bikes will remain outside and I REALLY don't want them in the weather. I'm looking for advice on covers please. They are both 2018 F3S models. They both have the Madstadt 16" windshield and mine has the BRP factory driver and passenger backrests and passenger armrests.
    !
    Just curious. Does the new place have a garage? If so, leaving the cars out temporarily and putting the bikes in the garage would be a better option.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Nope, no garage. I like the Harbor Freight shelter but I just measured them side by side and they won’t fit in the larger one. I’ll have the funds from the equity in the old house to build a nice shelter but I need to be there for a bit to get the lay of the land.... just don’t want to mess this up.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

The bike barns would like a cool idea but I don’t want to spend a thousand dollars on something I’m only using for a month or so....
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

I have an ultra guard for my F3-L, fits great, and have a Madstad windshield.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks Kiry... where does one get this ultra guard?
    2018 F3S , Black