Spyder Garage

Default It Almost Starts

but it just hits and tries and hits and tries. Strong new battery properly connected. Nothing else connected. There is a whine I hear when it tries to start. Two days ago, it ran and started perfectly. Parked in the garage overnight, then when I went to ride Sunday...no joy. Any suggestions where to look? I know the buttons to push to get a code but I don't get one. I think the engine needs to be running. Or so the videos show. And next week, the temps in the mid 80's and my bike has failed me....

Spyder Garage

Even new batteries fail. Sure sounds like a battery. Do you have a jump pack? If so try jumping it. That'll answer the battery question.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

You don't say which model you have. Do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key on? If so, try holding the throttle wide open while attempting to start. If no fuel pump sound, look at fuel pump fuse.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I will try to jump it. And thanks, apparently the noise I hear is the fuel pump. So that's out..

Spyder Garage

SON OF A GUN! The battery is less than two weeks old. WHO would have guessed. I chagred the battery until the charger tapered off. The bike STARTED. Thanks Jeriatric. That was the answer. I can go riding...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    SON OF A GUN! The battery is less than two weeks old. WHO would have guessed. I chagred the battery until the charger tapered off. The bike STARTED. Thanks Jeriatric. That was the answer. I can go riding...
    May be that it never reached full charge after instillation, or it could have a bad cell. I'd put it on a 1.9 amp or lower charge until it says it's at full charge before taking it for too long a spin. But, that's just me.

Spyder Garage

I have this 'automatic' battery charger which detects the charge state and cuts off. Good for sure. I once had a large battery on charge but it didn't shut off. Literally melted the battery. Acid all over. That aside, which battery should I get for the 14 RT? I have searched the site and searched the manual and can't find the battery number to use as a replacement. Previously I had a Yuasa. It passed quietly away one night. Hence the new battery. I literally did not look at the numbers. I picked one the same physical size. Pretty rookie for sure... Please tell me the best battery...

Spyder Garage

I have this 'automatic' battery charger which detects the charge state and cuts off. Good for sure. I once had a large battery on charge but it didn't shut off. Literally melted the battery. Acid all over. That aside, which battery should I get for the 14 RT? I have searched the site and searched the manual and can't find the battery number to use as a replacement. Previously I had a Yuasa. It passed quietly away one night. Hence the new battery. I literally did not look at the numbers. I picked one the same physical size. Pretty rookie for sure... Please tell me the best battery...
    Go to Revzila site. Enter the year and model and it'll give you some choices. While it's your choice to make a purchase there or not, their prices are fair and their shipping is fast. One last thought, if it is in your budget buy a factory activated Yuasa AGM High Performance battery.

Spyder Garage

Yuasa YTX24HL Factory Activated AGM High Performance Battery < 2014 RT

Spyder Garage

Revzilla. $162 for the RT

Spyder Garage

It ships to you sealed up and ready to go, meaning you don't have to add acid. All you need to do is charge it (if needed)read the instructions it comes with to test the state of charge.

Spyder Garage

I replaced mine with an Interstate version of YTX24HL.

=bob=
    2018 RTL--------------------------------2018 RTL
    Champagne Metallic-------------------Oxford Blue
    Lamonster Pegs------------------------Lamonster Pegs
    Motorcycle Dave Gel seat inserts----Motorcycle Dave Gel seat inserts
    Big Bike Parts Backrests--------------Big Bike Parts Backrests
    Magic Mirror mounts------------------Magic Mirror mounts
    Tri-Axis Handlebar---------------------Tri-Axis Handlebar
    KurYakyn Grips-------------------------Foam Grips

2018 Limited , Champagne Metallic