Thread: Can't decide

Spyder Garage

Default Can't decide

Hello

I'm looking to prchase my first Spyder and trading in my two wheels. There are two models I'm interested in, both used
    2017 Daytona F3-S Manual, 4500km (2hrs travel to dealer) - $17900. Bike is sold by a BRP dealership. I'd look to add on at least a back rest for my wife.

2015 F3_S, 27200 km - lots of upgrades back rest, front rest, touring shield, side cases, soundbar (6 mins travel to local dealer) - $17500. This bike is being sold by an Indian dealership

I love that daytona yellow, but also like all the mods the other bike has. Is 27000km reasonable on a 2015 model, for bike #2?

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks in advance

Warren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

'15 F3S as I think you'll end up enjoying all of the added features. I also think you will really enjoy the SE6, vs manual, once you get used to it.
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one....

I love manuals so I would lean towards that but they are both great rydes and each have their features to like. In the end it will be your eye that will be pleased and I would also go for the one 2 hours away for the great ryde home... good luck picking
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Get the VIN #s from both. Have an authorized dealer run them and get the history of each. It will show repairs, etc. That may help in making a decision.

Indian dealer appears to be high. Upgrades are worth 50% to zero in value. If you trade one in with upgrades...most dealers will tell you they are worth nothing.

Go to either KBB or NADA or both to get an idea of value. Retail value at a dealer is always 2K to 4K higher than wholesale. The magic price should be around what they suggest for private party sale.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Number 2 seems to have everything you are wanting plus some. 17,000 over 4 years is not really too bad, but I guess it depends on how those miles were racked up.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone

Thanks for the feedback. They are both manual trannys. I forgot to mention the bikes are in CAD$, so at first glance, the price might seem steep. I've done a lot of research (perhaps too much) and for the F3s for the year model, they seem to be in the same ballpark zone.

I've been wondering, for those who have a manual transmission, is the clutch a lot stiffer than a bike or the same? My BRP dealer down the road only stocks the SE versions. I have noticed that in Quebec (home of BRP), they possibly are a bit cheaper.

Thanks again for all your input and advice

Warren

Spyder Garage

I have the 2015 F3S with manual and the clutch pull is a bit stiff, I don't notice it all that much cause I've ridden 2 wheels for 50 years so I have really good grip strength. I've heard there is a vacuum assist that can be added for an easier clutch pull but not sure which models it is available on.
    2015 F3 S , Silver and orange

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the input from seasoned riders of 3 wheel.
    I am still trying to buy my first one and will do so when I learn enough and feel comfortable. (anal retentive).

Please everyone keep the information and opinion coming.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yebogogo64 View Post
    Hi everyone

Thanks for the feedback. They are both manual trannys. I forgot to mention the bikes are in CAD$, so at first glance, the price might seem steep. I've done a lot of research (perhaps too much) and for the F3s for the year model, they seem to be in the same ballpark zone.

I've been wondering, for those who have a manual transmission, is the clutch a lot stiffer than a bike or the same? My BRP dealer down the road only stocks the SE versions. I have noticed that in Quebec (home of BRP), they possibly are a bit cheaper.

Thanks again for all your input and advice

Warren
    Oooops! Missed the Canadian part. I am sure they have the Canada version of KBB and NADA. Other info good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red