Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default COURTESY - do you show some or not ????

Hi to the Newbie's ….. there are quite a few lately and their numbers are growing ……. so let me just throw this out there, to see what you think ……. When you ask questions on this forum - do you think acknowledging the folks who take to time to try and answer / help you …. maybe deserve to know if you ever read any of the answers …. I happen to think they do ….. you don't have to post anything big or anything at all …. just click one of the boxes in the lower left corner of any post ( ie Thanks or Like etc. ) … I'm not dissing anyone on this just giving some food for thought ….. Thanks for joining ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm a newbie here, and I have tried to always acknowledge those that have educated me. In the first few weeks I didn't fully understand how the forum worked as it is the first and only forum I've been on. I tried to PM the guys that took time to share their experience, and there have been quite a few that have reached out via PM to give me guidance, even when I asked the really dumb and redundant question (Is there a panel that doesn't take tools to remove?). Yet someone still took time to let me in on the secret (not just RTFM!), even though I got chided some. There is a huge pool of knowledge and experience here, in every aspect of the Spyder. I can just say I couldn't have come as far as I have (still have a long ways to go) without the boost.

I would suggest to other newbies that before you post a new question (especially dumb ones like I have), remember that almost every aspect of any question has been asked and answered before, and if you get the search engine to work for you it can provide the correct answer almost every time. You have to be persistent in your search, rephrasing the parameters. I learned recently that something called Boolean works in the search box, and it's worth leaning how that works because it can dramatically improve search results.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Default This I do.....

I especially do to OP of all threads that I get involved with, be it a question a comment or other.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There is no such thing as a dumb question. And to those "old timers" who remind people sometimes that the should do a search first...please remember they are newbies and reaching out to the members for help. Another chance to be nice to others.

Nastiness to anyone can now lead to infractions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    There is no such thing as a dumb question. And to those "old timers" who remind people sometimes that the should do a search first...please remember they are newbies and reaching out to the members for help. Another chance to be nice to others.

Nastiness to anyone can now lead to infractions.
    Also I have tried searching many times before asking "the same old questions" but sometimes if you don't get the phrase exactly right or use a different word you can't always find what you are looking for. So don't assume somebody isn't bothering to do a search first.

Spyder Garage

Back before political correctness took over, my father used to thrash us pretty hard at times (so we thought, now I figure we deserved it). He called us ignorant at times.

Then an event transpired that gave me an epiphany that has guided me all my life. A neighborhood bully did a knee drop (like wrestling on the TV, before MyFace and Spacebook), which broke the smaller kids ribs and injured him. My father picked the bully up by the scruff and threw him over the privacy fence, informing him he was stupid and to never come back.

Seeing how roughly the bully got treated compared to us, I asked him about it. His comment; "Ignorant doesn't know (yet), Stupid can't learn".

Believe me when I say I post questions as a last resort. The time I asked the really dumb one about the removable panel, I had reached saturation and couldn't ponder another thought. A few days of respite from the Spyder learning curve and all was well.

We're all ignorant of one thing or another. Me more so than most!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Just like the Spyder.

SpyderLovers comes with a learning curve.

It's all good

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We all learn from our mistakes...
    That's why I'm so smart: I'm constantly making them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Back before political correctness took over, my father used to thrash us pretty hard at times (so we thought, now I figure we deserved it). He called us ignorant at times.

Then an event transpired that gave me an epiphany that has guided me all my life. A neighborhood bully did a knee drop (like wrestling on the TV, before MyFace and Spacebook), which broke the smaller kids ribs and injured him. My father picked the bully up by the scruff and threw him over the privacy fence, informing him he was stupid and to never come back.

Seeing how roughly the bully got treated compared to us, I asked him about it. His comment; "Ignorant doesn't know (yet), Stupid can't learn".

Believe me when I say I post questions as a last resort. The time I asked the really dumb one about the removable panel, I had reached saturation and couldn't ponder another thought. A few days of respite from the Spyder learning curve and all was well.

We're all ignorant of one thing or another. Me more so than most!
    As a retired Construction Superintendent I can deal with Ignorance,but you can’t fix stupid even with duct tape!
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

You can also use the Goolge search. With the parameter
    site:spyderlovers.com ...
    for example
    site:spyderlovers.com ecu flash
    you only search on the forum website. With it you can search very precisely and the Google search is better than the forum search function.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    As a retired Construction Superintendent I can deal with Ignorance,but you can’t fix stupid even with duct tape!
    Duct tape might not fix stupid...
    But it will muffle their screams; while you find an effective manner for dealing with it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Otherwise, I cover, there are no stupid questions. Not everyone knows the search function, knows how to use it or the search does not always deliver the desired result. I prefer someone asking a question that has already been answered rather than not asking it at all. And if there is already an answer in the forum, then I mostly post a link on this thread - problem settled.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Am I the only one who thinks My thread has gone totally off the tracks …… ????? ….. I think My thread needs to be pulled ….. Thanks …. Mike

Spyder Garage

There's also those times when you type something while trying to help and it gets interpreted the wrong way emotionally. Then there's the times when you had a bad day and comment before you think. I've been guilty of both.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

We seem to have lost the courtesy portion and have went around to stupid questions discussion.

We will not pull the thread, but if you want it "closed" just say the word.

I would let it run a bit more to see if it goes back on track.

You know where to find me if you want it closed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks My thread has gone totally off the tracks …… ????? ….. I think My thread needs to be pulled ….. Thanks …. Mike
    It's not really off the tracks, Mike, just sitting at a siding.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriatric View Post
    Just like the Spyder.

SpyderLovers comes with a learning curve.

It's all good

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I want to echo Mikes' original thought. I am a relative newbie here having only a little more than two years Spyder ownership. And, my share of questions, dumb or redundant, have been posted here. The learning curve for me has been very steep. As my knowledge increased I have tried to share it with those newer than me when appropriate. When knowledge and
    experience are shared it is always good to have it acknowledged.....good or bad. Sometimes if there is no follow-up or response it leaves me wondering "did that person get the help they needed, or not?" For the most part, I find advice and knowledge is shared here with positive intent. This is a good forum. Extending a "thank you" to those helping to make it so just makes it better. Thanks for the reminder, Mike..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi