Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I so Hate the cold - except for sking

Went for some short rides today , and my Rt was registering 100 degree's ( and my 2014 1330 engine didn't falter ) …. I haven't seen that since 2010 on my first Spyder a GS … and that was on the Jersey Turnpike headed down to my Sister's house in Spotswood NJ ….. and She did go into LIMP mode because of the heat …. but it did clear by-itself and I continued to Her place ….. It was a great ride until that point …… If it's less than 100 degree's out I ride …. Mike

Spyder Garage

We Northwesterners melt in temps over 85*. Fortunately, we have few of those days.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Have you noticed that all the weather folks have become overly dramatic. They've gone to reporting "feels like" temperatures because the numbers are bigger. Where I live, 100°F with a mid to high 70's dew point isn't uncommon in summer. Yet every year, they breathlessly report it's getting near 100°. I know it gets much hotter out in the deserts, but add in the humidity and it gets nasty.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I was born and raised to age 12 in Chicago. I recall bitter cold winters and clammy hot summers with lots of flying bugs. Here in Portland, if I come home after a day ride with more than a half dozen bugs on the front of the bike, that's a lot. Low humidity too. I characterize Oregon as a beautiful state with ugly politics. It's the tremendous geological variety, climate and great MC roads that keep me here. When I'm out riding, I can ignore the politics.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Shucks...!!

We get well over a 100° quite often around here. Just tend to hug the coast for the cool breeze and save the mountains and desert for early morn.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I'd say I just don't sweat it much, but I do. Still, when the temp and humidity numbers are about the same, I call it good an enjoy. After spending 6 years in the frozen north, I came south for the heat. I ride in it any day it isn't raining. Though for long trips I'd prefer it cooler, I take what I can get.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I prefer 100 mph at 20 degreee temps vs 100 mph at 100 degrees......but that's just me

2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Went for some short rides today , and my Rt was registering 100 degree's ( and my 2014 1330 engine didn't falter ) …. I haven't seen that since 2010 on my first Spyder a GS … and that was on the Jersey Turnpike headed down to my Sister's house in Spotswood NJ ….. and She did go into LIMP mode because of the heat …. but it did clear by-itself and I continued to Her place ….. It was a great ride until that point …… If it's less than 100 degree's out I ride …. Mike

I live in Pa. and ride daily. I had a couple of days recently where the temperature reading on the Spyder was 100+ - up to 104 on one day. Will the Spyder resort to limp mode when there is excessive heat? If so, this is a good to know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post
    I prefer 100 mph at 20 degreee temps vs 100 mph at 100 degrees......but that's just me

We get that in the winter here. Sometime even colder.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post

Yes bring it On!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Me, too....

Spyder Garage

I ski doo all winter and love it ,great as all my work is under the snow .
    2018 RTL , dark blue