Spyder Garage

Default The Spyder's Have Landed--At Last

At long last, our household goods finally arrived from Alaska.

The movers had our stuff for 70 days. Originally, they told us 4 to 6 weeks. So, about 28 days more than they said.

All three bikes were packed into a 26 ft van with the rest of our stuff.

The 2011 arrived with no visible damage.

The 2014 had the left mirror housing broken off and my Spyderpops light bar was only half functional. My auto insurance policy is supposed to cover the damage incurred while moving...so we will see about that.

The Vulcan also looks okay.

After 2 plus months sitting in two different vans...both started right up. Even I was not expecting that to happen.

Going to try to attach the mirror housing with good ol Duct tape. Will see how that works????? Did a 10 mile round trip to get fresh gas for both Spyders, and they seemed to drive okay. We are going to take a small ride today. Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

post that to soon . I hope it all works out OK. must be a relief to just be able to ride!
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-20-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Congratulations! What is the mirror problem? Two screws hold the upper hanger. Replace hanger. Or, snap a picture of the mounting area and the mirror.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

You must have had a bad case of MVA (moving van anxiety) during those overdue 28 days. So glad for you that the damages were easy fixes. I have heard some bad horror stories concerning movers.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Congratulations! What is the mirror problem? Two screws hold the upper hanger. Replace hanger. Or, snap a picture of the mounting area and the mirror.
    System will not let me post pictures. The mirror mount is off both of the mounting areas. It appears the mounting posts, 1 big and 1 small will not snap into the area with the opening and two screws. They go in, but there is nothing to hold them. This makes the whole mirror unit movable and not tight.

I am guessing they tried to horse the Spyder to one side by pulling on the mirror mount.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Try this: swap a mirror from the other RT. If it goes on, you can determine what is broken.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Might be a good time to put on Magnetic Mirror Mounts. Look at this it has a video that shows how to install them but it shows a good view of how your mirror is mounted and works. http://store.valueaccessories.net/Ma...sSpyderRT.aspx
    2012 RTL , Brown