Spyder Garage

Cool 2012 Cam Am Spyder RT

Help! I parked my bike for a few days and now I get an ABS failure and it goes into limp home mode.

The brake fluid is topped off , the floats are mobile. Battery is up, the fuses are good to the ABS and brake light. The Codes are C0044 and C006C

Dealer can't look at it until the end of August. B.U.D.S. is $1,100.00

Any Ideas before I start ripping it open ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sticky brake switch is most common cause. Sometimes it can be made to work again and sometimes it needs repacement
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Can't look at it until the end of August????? Then they probably take days to look it over, and more weeks to order parts. etc. Fantastic customer service. I would be looking elsewhere, now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

The codes are in reference to the brake pressure sensor and brake switch and communication between computers onboard. Have you done any work on the brakes or wheels that may have changed the sensors positions..? if not check the brake switch and pump the brake pedal to get pressure up check all fuses. Make sure you shut down and remove the key letting all the computers re-set and then they will re-check system and hopefully that will do the trick.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Can't look at it until the end of August????? Then they probably take days to look it over, and more weeks to order parts. etc. Fantastic customer service. I would be looking elsewhere, now.
    He probably doesn't have many options in New Hampshire...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yes , That is just if I want an oil change and the B.U.D.S. put on so I get more codes. They are selling way more then they can service. It has made me re-think the purchase.

Spyder Garage

Hi , The brake light works as it is supposed to. The code says it's a brake pressure sensor on the ABS normally caused by low fluid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    The codes are in reference to the brake pressure sensor and brake switch and communication between computers onboard. Have you done any work on the brakes or wheels that may have changed the sensors positions..? if not check the brake switch and pump the brake pedal to get pressure up check all fuses. Make sure you shut down and remove the key letting all the computers re-set and then they will re-check system and hopefully that will do the trick.
    Hi, No modifications, the only thing that happened was a rougher ride down my washed out driveway on my last ride. I did the pump hold stuff , no luck. I looked and looked for any damage and can't see anything
    Last edited by billybackhoe; 07-20-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybackhoe View Post
    Hi, No modifications, the only thing that happened was a rougher ride down my washed out driveway on my last ride. I did the pump hold stuff , no luck. I looked and looked for any damage and can't see anything
    Sticky switch is not caused by 'damage'
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Sticky switch is not caused by 'damage'
    The switch works properly to the brake light, is there something I'm missing? the C0044 code says a blown fuse to the brake light and or the ABS pressure switch which is my next challenge to even find

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybackhoe View Post
    The switch works properly to the brake light, is there something I'm missing? the C0044 code says a blown fuse to the brake light and or the ABS pressure switch which is my next challenge to even find
    The brake light switch is separate from the big one which senses the brake has been depressed. At least, that's how it is on my 2014s and I don't think the 2012s were different.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I recommend you start a new thread under RT Shop Talk and call it something like "2012 RT brake switch"
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I recommend you start a new thread under RT Shop Talk and call it something like "2012 RT brake switch"
    Thank you Pete