Spyder Garage

Default Spyder f3-s panniers/bags

I have been looking at YouTube videos, but I can't work out what all the options are. If you want hard bags/panniers which lock to the bike, then Shad seem to be the ones. Are there any others? It's a shame Hepco & Becker don't make frames for this bike as I have a set of Gobi panniers which used to be on my KTM 950 Adventure in the mid-2000s.

Spyder Garage

hi you may want to at the F3 police parts site. they show a setup like your Gobi pannier set up.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

I've had a look but can't find anything.

Spyder Garage

For the F3-S I think the SHAD's are the way to go.

Best affordable sidecases (SH36 standard model, you can get them anywhere), nicely made, waterproof, easily removable, will hold a full face/modular helmet each, and the frames (specific and only available from BRP's) do look OK when the cases are off.

These were actually one of the things that made me opt for the F3-S. The neat integrated sidecases of the T won't hold any helmets there, which would force me to upgrade to the LTD for the topcase. As we mostly ride in the 300 to 600km range doing larger trips only about two times a year, most of the time we prefer to not carry the sidecases just relying on the frunk to carry our personal stuff.
    So it was an easy decision, the F3-S had the best look (at least for me, love that bobberish rear end) and the best setup for me. I do had to add some accessories to set it up as I wanted, but I still stayed under the money difference to the T.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Totally agree with above!
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2017 F3-S. It’s due to be delivered from interstate in 2 weeks. It has a pair of SHAD SH36 on it, so I ordered and received a pair of the SH36 inner liners. They are SMALL. I estimate their volume to be about 16-17 litres each. I found the answer on Shad’s US website. The panniers are sold in pairs. The 36 litre volume and 24lb (11kg) weight capacity is for BOTH panniers!
    So now I’ll need to mount my 40 litre topbox on the F3S as well to get enough room for two people.
    IanB

Spyder Garage

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    I just bought a 2017 F3-S. It’s due to be delivered from interstate in 2 weeks. It has a pair of SHAD SH36 on it, so I ordered and received a pair of the SH36 inner liners. They are SMALL. I estimate their volume to be about 16-17 litres each. I found the answer on Shad’s US website. The panniers are sold in pairs. The 36 litre volume and 24lb (11kg) weight capacity is for BOTH panniers!
    So now I’ll need to mount my 40 litre topbox on the F3S as well to get enough room for two people.
    IanB
    Pretty sure the SH36 capacity is 36L per bag. You would never fit a full face helmet inside an 18L bag.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

You are right. The external dimensions of the pannier liner (I don’t have the panniers yet) fully expanded are 42x28x24cm, which would be 28 litres. The shape is irregular, so I’d estimate 25 litres. I miscalculated this yesterday.
    I measured my size M (not XXL) helmet. It would fit in a space 40x25x25cm, also 25 litres. In the photo on the Shad website the helmet is a very snug fit in the pannier. There may be spare internal depth in the pannier beyond the 25cm helmet or liner depth.
    Shad’s published dimensions (I assume external) are 19.29x14.96x12.99in = 61.4 litres. Obviously the panniers are irregular in shape and do not fill an orthogonal volume of these dimensions.
    From this I believe the usable volume is somewhere between 25 litres and 36 litres.
    That’s much better than I thought. The published load is 24lb or 11kg. If this, like the 36 litres, is per pannier, that’s a surprisingly large load. I think I’ll try to limit the load per pannier to about 7kg.
    ianB

Spyder Garage

I wasn't a fan of the side loading Shad Bags. Instead - I installed Viking Leather Wrapped Hard Bags with Easy Brackets on my F3S. Off the bike in 30 seconds - have to open them with the key is the only thing I'm not a fan of - but I appreciate that they lock.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I wasn't a fan of the side loading Shad Bags. Instead - I installed Viking Leather Wrapped Hard Bags with Easy Brackets on my F3S. Off the bike in 30 seconds - have to open them with the key is the only thing I'm not a fan of - but I appreciate that they lock.
    I like the look of the Viking options as well. Unfortunately, everything is sold out on their site for the Spyder F3
    2021 F3-S Special , Gravity Grey

Spyder Garage

My Corbin fleetliner bags arrived on Tuesday, and are currently in the shop being painted. They aren’t the cheapest out there, but I loved the streamlined look. Will post pictures when I get the bags back next week. Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

I got the shad bags and racks with my bike, but I completely rebuilt the racks to hold them closer and higher to the bike. They're much more useful and hold a lot more than my buddy's F3 LTD bags, plus I can take them off when I don't want them on the bike. Then I made a rack to install the big shad expandable trunk on the back, also quick release for both the bag and the rack. When everything's fully installed and expanded I can carry more than the touring version of the bike, but 5 minutes and I'm back to having an F3S.
    2019 F3S SM6
    2019 F3S SM6 , Black metallic with pearl color change

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Although this thread started almost 2 years ago, I will add my creation to conversation. Givi Outback Monokey 37 ltr and 42 ltr boxes were added to my 2015 F3-S. The top rack will flip up, which adds to the overall width, to allow access to the monoseat cowl for additional secured storage. The top rack and sides were fabricated out of aluminum and then powdercoated. The Givi monokey side mounts were modified to adapt to the already-fabricated sides; this, too, added to the overall width by about 2". The top mounts were incorporated into the top rack to minimize height.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Swear to the heavens I thought you got Givi Monkey bags.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey