Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default off thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Juice View Post
    This a little off the thread, I haven't ridden either the Dragon nor the Rattler, but plan on heading that way next month. Wife wants to do the Dragon, so may end up doing that one. We just got back from Deadwood, SD, and we rode Iron Mountain Road, so the Dragon better be great to beat IMR! No traffic, beautiful country side and a wonderful ride........OK, now back to The Dragon, traffic is what will disappoint me!
    Off thread is fine for this post, I'm learning about several cool rides that I didn't know about. Like the Devil's Triangle. Keep the comments coming. thank you.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chefex View Post
    Off thread is fine for this post, I'm learning about several cool rides that I didn't know about. Like the Devil's Triangle. Keep the comments coming. thank you.
    If you liked the Devil's Triangle, then you should really contact me for some roads in the area. The Devil's Triangle is actually not one of the better ones in the area (although, that opinion is about 7-8 years old, when the road was a mess). But there are loads of roads everywhere in those hills.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Any of those roads are liable to have more traffic on the weekends, especially the Dragon. But if you choose to ride them on a weekday you are almost guaranteed to have clean roads.

Spyder Garage

I am from the area and ride them all when I am home. I like them all but as stated before the Dragon has been so commercialized that it is actually crowded at times. Not to mention the occasional tractor trailer that decides it is a short cut ... even though they need someone to literally walk the truck safely around some corners. For me I think that the charm is that there are no bad roads to ride. All are twisty and have elevation change. As a driver scenery should be somewhat secondary If you have a chance take SR28 from Robbinsville to Franklin for a change of pace - just another beautiful mountain road.
    Don't forget to support the local businesses - on the Waynesville end of 209 is the 209 Diner (great breakfast place), in Canton is the BearWaters Brewery .... have fun in the mountains.
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Cherohala for sure for those contemplating it, we rode it last fall all I can say is OMG it wa beautifull , we rode the dragon on the way back home all I can say is it was ok glad we were in front of the semi, Thanks for all the other info
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

Did the Rattler very easy.
    This year we did https://cherohala.com/ Cherohala Skyway very cool! Check it out, also I had friend do the back of the dragon suppose to be great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chefex View Post
    Some of the must Rides have become very crowed and unsafe. I'll take Hwy 12 west from Lolo Pass Idaho anytime. You may see 1/2 dozen bikes and cars on a busy weekend.
    Ipad and Coast to Coast 1112.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I don't know what part of Virginia you are traveling through but this ride is getting a lot of attention, https://www.backofthedragon.com/. I have ridden this one and Tail of the Dragon and found Back of the Dragon not has congested as Tail of of the Dragon.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rode both this weekend. But I would go with Wayah rd or Hwy 28 between Franklin and Hwy 74
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff

Spyder Garage

I like the "Snake", and it's only 40 min from my house. Road it today, after a light rain. This spyder is so nice to ride in the wet. Very confident inspiring, as long as you don't go crazy.
    20230624_110648.jpg
    Last edited by Dasmoetorhead; 06-24-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Almost the other side of the world, but the Devil's Highway in Arizona is a great ride. over 400 curves and elevation change of just over 5,000 ft. Last time I did it was early October. It is just about 100 miles and I met a total of 27 vehicles. Definitely the road less travelled.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Lolo pass is one of my favorite rides. Haven’t done it in the Spyder yet but it’s just a matter of time before I do it. 100 miles of sweepers and in very beautiful country.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black

Spyder Garage

Another vote for Moonshiner 28, I take it all the way down to Walhalla SC and from there it's just a short trip home.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Any way to get from Lake Junaluska to Hot Springs is a good way, so I guess that's a vote for 209.
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Oh. Uh. Wrong side of the continent.

We've got plenty of rattle snakes here in eastern Oregon.

One road got its name from said snakes. Not the "Rattler," but the "Rattlesnake."

I've ridden it more than once, both directions. Terrific either way.

It's a bit of a commute from where you guys are. Still: recommended:

https://www.motorcycleroads.com/moto...o-wallowa-lake

Among MANY choice roads in Oregon and Washington. Most without the traffic of the Tail.

Go West, young man!
    2015 ST Limited; Givi E52 Top Case; Baja Ron anti-sway bar; Cal Sci wind screen; Vredestein Quatracs (front)

Spyder Garage

The Dragon will be crowded but one nice thing about it is there are a couple of professional photographers who will take pictures of you as you pass by. It is nice to have pictures of yourself riding the Spyder. I don't know if the Rattler has any photographers.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    The Dragon will be crowded but one nice thing about it is there are a couple of professional photographers who will take pictures of you as you pass by. It is nice to have pictures of yourself riding the Spyder. I don't know if the Rattler has any photographers.
    I've done the Rattler a dozen times .... never saw anyone taking pics ..... IMHO the " rattler " is mostly used by locals who either live there or nearby ..... Never saw an LEO either .... Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    I like the "Snake", and it's only 40 min from my house. Road it today, after a light rain. This spyder is so nice to ride in the wet. Very confident inspiring, as long as you don't go crazy.
    20230624_110648.jpg
    We were in Grundy, Va all last week. I took the long way home to Raleigh and did 1/2 of the Snake also. We came in from Damascus and headed south on 421.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Juice View Post
    This a little off the thread, I haven't ridden either the Dragon nor the Rattler, but plan on heading that way next month. Wife wants to do the Dragon, so may end up doing that one. We just got back from Deadwood, SD, and we rode Iron Mountain Road, so the Dragon better be great to beat IMR! No traffic, beautiful country side and a wonderful ride........OK, now back to The Dragon, traffic is what will disappoint me!
    Just the opposite for us, we have ridden the Dragon, but will be out to ride the IMR during the 3 Wheeler Rally in Deadwood. I am one that rode the Dragon to say I did it, it was a few years ago, and the traffic wasn't horrible. The Cherahola Skyway was better for me as the driver - less technical and I was able to enjoy the scenery more.

I know the OP said he was taking other requests after this post, but if you are like me, I say ride the Dragon to say you did it. Catch the other roads when you have more time, they are all fun to ride and have beautiful scenery. That area of the country is my favorite place to ride.
    Last edited by Jesster72; 06-26-2023 at 12:06 PM. Reason: I didn't proofread and sometimes my spelling is horrible!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

The Cherahola skyway is a wonderful ride. Stop in Tellico planes for lunch, next to the river.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    2022 F3S , Monolith black