Spyder Garage

Default Programming Key Problem

I recently bought a 2008 spyder with only one key, so I purchased a second key from dealer,had it cut ,then returned to my dealer for programming.I pick up the bike and the new key works but my other key will not work anymore. Dealer says you can only program 4 keys, so how did he program a new key if I had reached my limit , also can the dealer not delete a key that not being used (MISPLACED). Thanks for your help.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting...🤔

Gonna watch this one. Never heard there was a limit on keys. I got blanks on line and had them cloned at a key shop. All toll 35.00 and I have two originals and two cloned...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Tell the dealer to do it again. When you program a new. You have to start with a working key. When the master key is put in to start the programming. The working key that you started with has to be put back in. Along with the new key(s). Up to a total of 4 max. All other keys will be deleted. Your Spyder also may be still in programming mode and don't know it if only 1 key is programmed. This will drain the battery in a couple days. Go back to the dealer and tell them to do it right.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Tell dealer to do it again, so only your 2 keys work. On plus side the original key can be cloned to a clone chip sometime like Keyport https://www.mykeyport.com/ Finless has more information on other key options as well.
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-19-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Link

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Tell dealer to do it again, so only your 2 keys work. On plus side the original key can be cloned to a clone chip sometime like Keyport https://www.mykeyport.com/
    The original key does not work anymore. You can clone a key that does not work. But why would you want to? The clone won't work either.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help, I m convinced the dealer has no clue what their doing,I agree they had to use my old key to program the new key so their no reason why it should not work

Spyder Garage

BRP said it could be done and where suppose to call the dealer but never did. the dealer will not discuss the issue any further as he doesnt beleive the service manual is wrong, and their nothing they can do to help me.so i paid $150 for a second key with only functional one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rejlaj View Post
    BRP said it could be done and where suppose to call the dealer but never did. the dealer will not discuss the issue any further as he doesnt beleive the service manual is wrong, and their nothing they can do to help me.so i paid $150 for a second key with only functional one.
    You and your dealer don't seem to understand. The manual is not wrong in this regard. There is a maximum of 4 keys can be programed at any one time. But every time you go through the programming steps and the first new key is programmed successfully. All former keys are deleted. Then any old keys that you wish to keep working have to be programmed again. Tell your dealer to run the steps again and put in all keys that you want to work.

The picture is copied right out of the service manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED