Spyder Garage

Default Unknown Rocker Switch Terminal Connector

I have an empty rocker switch slot with a hole plug. The hole plug has a terminal connector plugged into it. I want to know what it is for and if I can use it and for what? I asked the dealer's service shop and emailed them pics, but so far I have not received an answer.

So, I had to remove the rocker switch panel and noted the following:
    • Slot #1 has a rocker switch for the parking break, and its terminal connector's wires have red tape wrapped.
    • Slot #2 is empty with a hole plug and has a terminal connector attached to it underneath with green tape around its wires.
    • Slot #3 is empty with a hole plug only.
    • Slot #4 has a rocker switch for the fog lights, and its terminal connector's wires have white tape wrapped.

Maybe it is there as a convenient pre-wired method to add a rocker switch for an accessory. If it is, how does it work. I can plug in a rocker switch, but depending the switch is stable only such as a USB charger or an on/off for seat heater determines what is next.

For example, if I want to use the empty terminal connector for a USB charger, can I just plug in the USB rocker switch and I'm golden? Does it have constant power or power only when a USB is plugged into it or power only when the bike is running? I want to ensure I don't run my battery down because of an always-on setup without realizing it.

I want to have two more rocker switches. One as the USB charger and one as the on/off for LED accent lights. Does anyone know if it'd be easier to use #2's terminal connector for the USB charger or the on/off LED lights?

Thanks ya'll!
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

#1 is for the Parking Brake
    #2 is for Heated grips.
    #3 is for the Rear Shock compressor on the RT model.
    #4 is for Fog lights

The RT and ST share the same wire harness
    Marine switches are available at Amazon. They have the same pinout and size for use in these slots.
    I wired these slots for DIY heated grips, Garage door opener and Fog lights.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    #1 is for the Parking Brake
    #2 is for Heated grips.
    #3 is for the Rear Shock compressor on the RT model.
    #4 is for Fog lights
    Don’t know about continuous power, think my heated grips are ignition switch powered, sorry never tested like that.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Ok, so my #1 is currently setup with a rocker switch for the parking break and #4 is setup for the for lights.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, so please forgive...but, can I use #2's terminal connector for USB charger instead of heated grips/seat and #3 (and add a terminal connector) for accent LED's.

Or would it be better to just DIY wiring and use the empty #2 and #3 slots?

It'd been sweet if they'd just had terminal connectors setup for the #2 and #3 empty slots to the battery or fuse box and the you could just add a rocker switch and then the wire from the terminal connector to your accessory.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Don’t know about continuous power, think my heated grips are ignition switch powered, sorry never tested like that.
    Heated grips are keyed power on my 2011. Doubt anything has changed because they'd suck a battery dry lickety split.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriatric View Post
    Heated grips are keyed power on my 2011. Doubt anything has changed because they'd suck a battery dry lickety split.
    Technically that is not correct. Controlled by the load shedding relay. So only powered when the engine is running.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Technically that is not correct. Controlled by the load shedding relay. So only powered when the engine is running.
    Thanks for the correction. Honestly!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoumanPIBE View Post
    Ok, so my #1 is currently setup with a rocker switch for the parking break and #4 is setup for the for lights.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, so please forgive...but, can I use #2's terminal connector for USB charger instead of heated grips/seat and #3 (and add a terminal connector) for accent LED's.

Or would it be better to just DIY wiring and use the empty #2 and #3 slots?

It'd been sweet if they'd just had terminal connectors setup for the #2 and #3 empty slots to the battery or fuse box and the you could just add a rocker switch and then the wire from the terminal connector to your accessory.
    Before I installed my heated grips, I had previously and successfully used the wire harness in the nbr 2 position to power a USB and 12 volt accessory port. I have since moved them to the nbr 4 connector, which powers the fog lights, since the power draw of the USB/12 volt port is so tiny that the fog lights don’t mind the company........
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Hey all...I received a response from the dealer's shop tech's:

"The wires in the terminal connector are power wires that you can hook up to. You may have to get into your fuse box and add a fuse in the slot that says accessory but it may already have a fuse in it.

Unless it has been modified it should not have constant power. You could check with a volt meter or a test light so you could just run it to a toggle switch so that you can power it on and off manually."