Spyder Garage

Default Shock Help Please

I have a 2016 F3T with 5000 miles. We ride two up most of the time. We are not aggressive riders at all but with both of us on the Spyder we are at about 500lbs. The bike seams to be swimmy or squishy! Thinking I should upgrade the suspension and looking for advice. I have put new sway bar on it and had laser alignment. The stock shock on the back has this air bag that seams to lose air all the time and I don’t know if that is the answer.

Can you replace rear shock and not fronts or do all three? Thanks in advance for help!

Spyder Garage

Upgrade shocks will certainly help. Especially if your front shocks are not adjustable. I make 'Shock Adjusters' which add load adjustment to the stock, non-adjustable front shocks. It's a less expensive way to go than new shock units. The stock shocks (though not Elka's by any means) are never-the-less pretty good hydraulically. They just lack the ability to adjust for loading.

I would ask which sway bar kit you installed. Many are putting a stock, OEM RT sway bar on their F3/RS/RSS or ST Spyder. While this approach does provide improvement. It is not going to give you nearly as much control as the BajaRon sway bar upgrade.

Explore your options. There are several that will get you closer to where you want to be.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I ordered the sway bar from Lamonster! It was much heavier than the stock sway bar!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    I ordered the sway bar from Lamonster! It was much heavier than the stock sway bar!
    Then you definitely need to look at your shocks. Especially if your current shocks have non-adjustable spring pre-load. And you definitely need to get the rear shock sorted out if it is losing air. Bottoming out the rear, air assist shock will damage the air bladder leading to failure.

You are on the right track. But weighing your options can take a bit of research. I know that is why you are posting here. I am sure others will weigh in with their experience.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...