Spyder Garage

Default Wishful thinking

Me and my wife are completing a trip in Western and Central Canada. We have a 2018 RT Limited with a Can Am trailer. We really like the bike trailer combo. It works very well. But , some of those places have pretty steep hills. The bike could do with more power. I wish or hope that BRP would come out with a 1600 or 1800cc. We would buy one right now. We are planning many more trip in the near future. Also they should make the seat 6 inches longer. For some of us not build like twigs anymore, would be nice to have more space.. plz BRP get an 1800cc on the road. I'm sure many of us would buy it. Lol
    Lamonster Bumpskid
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Tricled LED Backup light
    Tricled LED Headlight
    Lordco LED Signal Light
    Jurock Windshield
    Sirius XM Satellite Radio

Spyder Garage

Search the forum for ecu. It is what you are wishing for.

Spyder Garage

ECU Upgrade & you won't be 'wishful thinking' any more, you'ĺl be excitedly exuberant instead!!

The guy doing them here in Aus (Jason) has been doing them all over the world for the range of Can Am & Rotax/ACE powered machines for many years and can be reached via email at rotaxracing@gmail.com - there's also a mob in the States (Monster?) who also offer a similar service. Getting your ECU Upgraded to unleash some (more? Lots? Or maybe even All?) of the detuned power they've hidden away in there can really make your Spyder the machine you always wanted it to be!

And as far as I'm concerned, it's well worth it by any measure!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Many of us are looking for 1600 or 1800 cc. The RT is due for either an upgrade or its swan song. Maybe we will hear something when new models are announced in a couple months.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Flashing...

Considering that you have 115 hp on a relatively light frame it would seem you should not have a problem. Engine displacement is not always the solution as there are other ways to get the max out of what you have... The re-flashing of the ECU (engine control unit) has been very successful in doing this and a way to go while one waits for possiblities from BRP....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

When you need more power, just downshift. That should work.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I have the stage1 ECU flash on a 2014 RTs. If you hoping to pass a motorhome on a mountain road with a full load on you spyder you'll have to downshift once even with the ECU flash. In any case it's worth the $$ as it really helps. Passing triple rig hay trucks in the middle of Idaho and approaching 100 mph was a quick and easy pass.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Are you operating your Spyder in the most efficient part of the power band. SE the picture.Capture.JPG
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S