Spyder Garage

Default Soon-to-Be Ryker Rider

Hi all! I wanted to make a quick introduction post. The other day, my neighbor insisted I take his Ryker 900 for a ride. I was worried I would fall in love the trike, and after a short ride my fear was confirmed. I came off the trike thinking, “I would really enjoy one of these.” About an hour later I asked him if I could take it for a longer ride, and he more-than-happily agreed. Well, that second ride really did me in!

I started calling a bunch of local Can-Am dealers and every single one was sold out of Rykers… except one, who has a Ryker Rally in-stock (and still in the crate). Well, I went ahead and placed my deposit on the unit and am in the middle of the purchase process. For some reason, it won’t be ready to be delivered until the first week of August, but I am extremely excited!

I grew up riding quads and snowmobiles with my father at our family vacation home in Maine (I’m from New York). The Ryker very much reminded me of being on a quad—a riding experience I absolutely love (and miss)! While I wish a manual transmission was available, I can still hop in my cars when I want to row my own gears. Something about the twist-and-go riding experience on a toy like this seems like a lot of fun! I have a feeling that, at 30 years old, I’m on the younger end of trike riders, and I look forward to interacting with and meeting others in the trike community!

I’ve already started looking at potential parts to add to the bike to make it unique/my own. I think the LED headlight swap will be the first thing I do, especially since I ordered the LED auxiliary LED for my Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations and welcome!
    You are correct...they are blast to ride. My Ryker Rally makes my 40 mile commute to work an enjoyable experience. Everyone that sees it seems to have nice things to say bout it and they always ask me what its like to ride so I tell them its a lot like a snowmobile. I'm glad I ended up getting the Rally because it's set up better for 2 person riding plus it comes with many of the things I was going to add to the 900 anyways.
    I am still leaning towards (no pun intended) a stiffer sway bar because I do notice the front end dipping when I go around corners and I prefer a stiffer ride.

Spyder Garage

I'll holler if I take my Spyder when I head up to Stamford in about 3 weeks....
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Congratulations and welcome!
    I am still leaning towards (no pun intended) a stiffer sway bar because I do notice the front end dipping when I go around corners and I prefer a stiffer ride.
    I'm glad you mention the sway bar. It's one of the option I was on the fence about. When it comes to my cars (and driving experiences in general) I lean towards the *very* sporty side (I drive an ATS-V and a Miata on coilovers with stiff sway bars). I'm wondering if I should add the sway bar to my Ryker.

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post

I'll holler if I take my Spyder when I head up to Stamford in about 3 weeks....
    Please do! I'm quite close to Stamford.

Spyder Garage

Woohoo! Congrats, they really are so fun to ride!

I've also ridden quads and sleds from time to time but never a motorcycle; this is my first bike/trike purchase. You're never to old to have fun and be young at heart; I'm 47 LOL!. I've had my 900 Ace for a month now and try to ride whenever I can. Enjoy!

Spyder Garage

and Please post a picture or two when you bring it home.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RJS5689 View Post
    I'm glad you mention the sway bar. It's one of the option I was on the fence about. When it comes to my cars (and driving experiences in general) I lean towards the *very* sporty side (I drive an ATS-V and a Miata on coilovers with stiff sway bars). I'm wondering if I should add the sway bar to my Ryker.

Please do! I'm quite close to Stamford.
    You might want to go with Baja Rons sway bar kit instead of the Can am one. Unless you would prefer to have it come out of the dealer all done and ready to ride.