Thread: dash update

Spyder Garage

Default dash update

Going this am to get the update done .When i called was told there is no update for my bike ( 2018 rtl ) ,he told me do not believe the forums .I think it is more of do not believe the shop foreman .Will let you know how i make out .I know ( from reading here) the update is for the dash not the bike.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    Going this am to get the update done .When i called was told there is no update for my bike ( 2018 rtl ) ,he told me do not believe the forums .I think it is more of do not believe the shop foreman .Will let you know how i make out .I know ( from reading here) the update is for the dash not the bike.
    It's been my experience if SOME techs would spend more time reading forums than they do knocking them, they'd provide us a higher quality service. If they would only do what most of us do. Discount the junk posts and learn from the quality ones.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

If you don't have 20.8, and you don't see a miles to empty on the left, one argument that I used successfully is that I wanted the features of my dash to work as promised by the manual. On mine my miles to empty was missing, and all my gas mileage and speed averaged calculators in the 3 odometers were frozen on some number like 70 MPG and 88 MHP. I had 10.5 firmware when I took possession, if yours is in the 13 range these may have been remedied by then and this argument not worth making. The new fix also fixes some Bluetooth and volume issues I hear. Long story shortened, make it a warranty claim and let them figure out how to fix it.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

My dealer told me there was no update for my 2018 F3LTD. So I called BRP and explained I didn't have miles to empty on the dash. BRP told me to tell the dealer to do the upgrade per BRP and that was that. Hope you get your upgrade.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Another shop where the people do not know diddly.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    My dealer told me there was no update for my 2018 F3LTD. So I called BRP and explained I didn't have miles to empty on the dash. BRP told me to tell the dealer to do the upgrade per BRP and that was that. Hope you get your upgrade.
    Joe
    Should this be a no charge upgrade?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Just got back from the dealer ,and i now have 20.8 .And miles to empty now work,there was an update also to the dps .Have not had time to find what all has changed .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Just got back from the dealer ,and i now have 20.8 .And miles to empty now work,there was an update also to the dps .Have not had time to find what all has changed .
    Was there a charge to do that?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

How did the dealer explain that your Spyder dash took the update. Yet they told you beforehand there wasn't one?

Did the dealer reset all your trip meters. That includes A, B and Total. If that was not done. Some of your mile per gallon numbers will be incorrect and miles to empty will not read correctly. If they did not, you can do it yourself.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Was there a charge to do that?
    No charge when I got mine updated. Had to sign a paper authorizing warranty work.
    2018 RTL , Champagne

Spyder Garage

The service manager said there was no updates ,but the mech found there was .How do i correct the mpg or even know if the mech did it?Now i have to put the radio presets back in ,what a pain.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

The service manager said there was no updates ,but the mech found there was .How do i correct the mpg or even know if the mech did it?Now i have to put the radio presets back in ,what a pain.
    Of course the mechanic found there was. BUDS2 will tell him when it is plugged in. The red flash lightning bolt is hard to miss.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Covered under warranty.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Just had the update done yesterday too. the 1st time it didn't take (O no ) had a black screen nothing worked could not even start, My TECH said he seen this before he left the RTL sit over night with the fuses out and the battery disconnected, and the next day received a phone call saying all is well and all updates completed, and we are going to trailer your RTL to you, there about 60 miles away. I think I found a good service department in FL.