Thread: Meet and Rides?

Spyder Garage

Default Meet and Rides?

Threads on here seem quiet lately.

Are there any meet and rides or something like those in or near Columbia, MO?

I'm back and able to ride again, and I'm up for meeting riders and ryders. I've seem to have lost all of what few contacts I had left.

And, the MeetUp site does not seem to have any motorcycle groups anymore...either that or I cannot find them. And so far, I cannot find any on here either.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken...one of those months.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Two events coming up in September. Click on Spyder Events at the top of the page.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well, this is why Bill Engvall came out with that here's your sign mess and wanting to use the end tip of a fishing pole to smack someone on the back of the neck when needed.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look more into the events.

And, I'll keep checking back to see if anyone posts about day rides during various times. I'm not ready to be a host just yet.

Spyder Garage

You may want to subscribe to some groups on Facebook. Search for Spyder groups. There are always people looking for others to ride. That is how I found the Kansas City Spyder Ryders.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoumanPIBE View Post
    Well, this is why Bill Engvall came out with that here's your sign mess and wanting to use the end tip of a fishing pole to smack someone on the back of the neck when needed.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look more into the events.

And, I'll keep checking back to see if anyone posts about day rides during various times. I'm not ready to be a host just yet.
    I see you are up in the St. Louis area. A little far from us (NW AR) for day rides. Post #4 is helpful.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default And then....

Most motorcycle shops have information on rides for all types and some put them on and I have found a good place to get information. You can also check the members list here and see who might be in your area and get in touch... although the listing has changed there seem to be some 977 spyder members in MO some must be in your neck of the woods...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

CJ.RamMan - Ok, so I feel a bit better. I joined a few last night and they approved me. So, I'll be doing the whole virtual socializing thing...a bit new so-to-say, but I'm a big boy...I can do it. I'm a bit old school even at my age...drives my daughter crazy.

ARtraveler - I'm actually in Columbia, MO. It's almost exactly between St. Louis and KC. About 1.5 to 2 hours to either city depending on how heavy my foot is that day. Ha.

Chupaca - Did not think of that one either. Mid-Missouri Harley is right down the road and farily new Can-Am / Polaris place opened up down from them right off I-70. I'll stop by there this weekend. I have a question anyway about this mysterious rocker switch terminal connector under my rocker switch panel.

Cool suggestions ya'll...!!

Spyder Garage

You can also contact Spyder groups that aren't in your town also. The Kansas City Spyder Ryder's have members spread all around the KC metro area, Kansas and Missouri, and recently had a couple join from Topeka KS. They are also on Facebook. I'm pretty sure there is a St Louis group as well.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors