Spyder Garage

Default How do I Lift a Ryker Rally?

Has anyone had any experience with lifting their Ryker or Ryker Rally?

I have lifted the front by putting a low profile jack under the front end or the lifted the rear by using a floor jack and a piece of 2x4 under the muffler which is how the shop mechanic showed me, but never lifted both ends at the same time.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2020 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Prefix & title
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Was wondering the same thing, I lifted my Ryker from the front yesterday, using the front tubes, as shown in the owners manual, but like you said, where’s the best place to lift the whole thing, using a motorcycle jack. I’ve used car ramps before on my spyder rt, lifting each wheel and putting a ramp under each wheel, gets it off the ground 8-10 inches, can probably do the same with the Ryker, will follow this post to see what others are doing ��

Spyder Garage

Not sure why you would want to do this put put jack stands in the front and use a floor jack and 2x4 in the rear. You would never get the balance right to use a motorcycle jack to lift the whole thing.

Spyder Garage

Was at Quasar yesterday (the company who make the Big Blue Easyrizer bike lift)
    They already had the adapter to lift a Spyder and as you can see, have used my Rally to develop the adapter for the Ryker.

4944F64B-7B0F-4E7F-B10C-45F4977510D2.jpg

Spyder Garage

There is a Youtube video regarding the lifting the rear and then the front of the Ryker with a jack. I don't have the link for it but it should be easy to find. Basically, there are specific pads under the body to set the jack under. I have lifted the rear in order to remove the tire but I haven't lifted the front yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
    Was at Quasar yesterday (the company who make the Big Blue Easyrizer bike lift)
    They already had the adapter to lift a Spyder and as you can see, have used my Rally to develop the adapter for the Ryker.

4944F64B-7B0F-4E7F-B10C-45F4977510D2.jpg
    Can you share the website? I have a big blue, and would love the bits to make it work on a Ryker!Thanks!
    Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

They are a UK based company at
    https://on-bike.com/

I think their US distributor is
    https://lifts-and-stands.com/

They’ve only just done the mounts for the Ryker so I don’t think they are on the website yet.

Spyder Garage

Their video is now available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqspcNTaWW8

Spyder Garage

I lift my RT by using 3 car ramps. I put one behind each wheel and back up on them. I'm not too sure how that will work on a Ryker due to the sudden engagement of the belt with the resulting jolt. Use your judgement. If it does work, you will now have an additional 8 inches under the bike and it will be very stable.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    I lift my RT by using 3 car ramps. I put one behind each wheel and back up on them. I'm not too sure how that will work on a Ryker due to the sudden engagement of the belt with the resulting jolt. Use your judgement. If it does work, you will now have an additional 8 inches under the bike and it will be very stable.
    Now that's using your head. Yesterday I bought 2 Ramps and drove forward on them and the incline was left right where I want to lay So backing up on them would have the incline in front of the wheels and Not in the way! Great idea!@!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Hi tonyS how are you doing with your Rally? We meet at the Saltbox a while ago ( Keith & Doris ) I see you made a visit to Quasar recently and had your Rally up on lift , did you find out price of big blue for Ryker and did you notice if it was lifted anywhere near large exaust cat ? We bought a big blue for our Spyder a couple of years ago , but it was not for the Rs we had ( no fitting for footrest ) we are interested to see price so if possible Tony can you let us know through this forum regards. Keith. Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Hi Keith, really enjoying the Rally and been busy fitting various bits (Elka stage 3 front shocks, foot boards, RLS Predator exhaust, Madstad screen, LED headlight bulbs - including wiring in the low beams on the H4’s)
    Off on a trip to Kortrijk in Belgium later next week, should be good.
    If you’ve still got the Big Blue, looks like new mounts are around £65 which just bolt to the existing arms.
    Otherwise I think the price for the full lift (including the mounts) is £395. Can’t see the Ryker specific one on their website, but give them a ring - their number is +44 (0)182761754, ask for Dave.
    Tony

Spyder Garage

That's the way I do it. The Ryker doesn't jerk when slowly going forward or backwards. It very easy to get on a set of ramps!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Hi TonyS you have been busy and I hope the parts you put on are satisfactory for you. Thanks for price of BigBlue and enjoy your trip and ride safe. Best regards Keith Nico 75