Spyder Garage

Default Anyone else doing mods for more power?

Not much out there yet really for this but tunes do exist and there is always nos. I’m doing a dynojet power vision 3 and will run that tune and modify it for a 20 hp shot of nitrous so the A/F is good when it’s In use. Gonna do a 1.25 lb bottle and wire it up so it can be activated via the horn button when armed. There is a perfect spot on the intake for the jet to use spray. Gonna upgrade the rear tire for better traction as the stock one on a stock 900 ace in sport mode isn’t great all as is. I’m gonna mount the power vision on the bars so I can also use it as gauges. This nitrous will be used only on the track. I haven’t been able to find what these will do in the 1/4 mile yet stock.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djdilliodon View Post
    Not much out there yet really for this but tunes do exist and there is always nos. I’m doing a dynojet power vision 3 and will run that tune and modify it for a 20 hp shot of nitrous so the A/F is good when it’s In use. Gonna do a 1.25 lb bottle and wire it up so it can be activated via the horn button when armed. There is a perfect spot on the intake for the jet to use spray. Gonna upgrade the rear tire for better traction as the stock one on a stock 900 ace in sport mode isn’t great all as is. I’m gonna mount the power vision on the bars so I can also use it as gauges. This nitrous will be used only on the track. I haven’t been able to find what these will do in the 1/4 mile yet stock.
    Just a thought from an old time street Drag racer ….. TRACTION …. the Spyder, any Spyder doesn't have much …. and this with about 105 HP …. so what do you think is going to happen when you Add about 50 more HP ….. best of luck …...…. Mike

Spyder Garage

And that’s what makes it more fun imo lol. I will run a drag radial of course but I’m sure from a roll it will be wicked.

Spyder Garage

I like the thinking! I suggested in another thread we should have dirt oval spyder races!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    I like the thinking! I suggested in another thread we should have dirt oval spyder races!
    That would fun too! These are fun machines and I see a lot of potential in them. I’m sure with time turbo kits will come out but I don’t have the patience to wait lol. The other thing is who knows what the cost will be for one. A tune and spray is under $600 which imo ain’t bad at all.

Spyder Garage

Let us know how the mods work for you.

Early on (see Docduru 2010 ish) check the archives. He put a turbo on his Spyder and blew up the engine. He had fun and games with BRP blaming the Spyder for the problems.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Let us know how the mods work for you.

Early on (see Docduru 2010 ish) check the archives. He put a turbo on his Spyder and blew up the engine. He had fun and games with BRP blaming the Spyder for the problems.
    I wonder how much boost he was running and if it was tuned right. I’m only gonna do a 30 shot and I can easily remove it if need be. A turbo isn’t so easy to just take it off. I’m gonna search the archives

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djdilliodon View Post
    I wonder how much boost he was running and if it was tuned right. I’m only gonna do a 30 shot and I can easily remove it if need be. A turbo isn’t so easy to just take it off. I’m gonna search the archives
    Use Docdoru as your search input. There is about a page and a half of references. i re-read them today just to refresh. You will find it interesting. I don't remember any ref to NOS, so you may be on your own there. The bottom line, you may find...any engine damage is on you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd like more power too but personally I'd wait. BRP has already solved this puzzle, they make the 900 ACE in a turbo version (used in the sled, watercraft and s x s). Only difference is some internal parts and the turbo itself. This means it requires the same space as the 900 Ace in the Ryker with some additional room needed for the turbo. My guess (hope) is that BRP will offer this engine in a "Ryker S" (sport version with more power and upgraded suspension) in the next couple of years. Then you have the power you want with a full warranty.

Spyder Garage

Not sure where you would put a turbo on the Ryker, maybe sticking out of the hood? Pretty cramped in there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I'd like more power too but personally I'd wait. BRP has already solved this puzzle, they make the 900 ACE in a turbo version (used in the sled, watercraft and s x s). Only difference is some internal parts and the turbo itself. This means it requires the same space as the 900 Ace in the Ryker with some additional room needed for the turbo. My guess (hope) is that BRP will offer this engine in a "Ryker S" (sport version with more power and upgraded suspension) in the next couple of years. Then you have the power you want with a full warranty.
    A turbo wouldn’t be difficult as it would go right where the header is and there is a room there. The air intake setup would take some figuring out though as I’m sure it’s different for the other machines. If brp comes out with a turbo version I’d be all over it! For now due to my impatience, I’m gonna spray my 900 lol.