Spyder Garage

Default Freedom Trailer Key Information

Below is the replacement key blank for a Freedom Trailer, i am posting this because it took me a week to find someone who could make me a duplicate key for a freedom trailer, everyone said no we don't have keys for can am trailers. This came from a local Lock smith who was willing to match the key.

FreedomTrailerKey.jpg.jpg

The numbers in the upper left hand side are 1621
    The numbers in the upper right hand side are TM13
    The numbers on the center of the key are KS101

Just thought someone other than me might need this info also

PS cut key was $2.00

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I got this set on Ebay for my RT622 trailer. not sure if it works on a Freedom. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-Spyd...gAAOSweWdcBc4W
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

RT-622 Trailers have completely different locks than the Freedom Trailers. the lock you referenced will not work on a Freedom Trailer, but thanks for the link to a good buy on a RT-622 Tumbler and keys

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Just an FYI on that RT-622 key kit AY4B linked. We just bought the same kit. The instructions assume there is currently no key cylinder in the trailer as it doesn't talk about removing an existing cylinder. You'll need to search out those instructions on YouTube; several videos exist that talk about it.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    Just an FYI on that RT-622 key kit AY4B linked. We just bought the same kit. The instructions assume there is currently no key cylinder in the trailer as it doesn't talk about removing an existing cylinder. You'll need to search out those instructions on YouTube; several videos exist that talk about it.
    I had a friend come over to install it for me. It involves taking some things apart. If you are not handy I would recommend having a locksmith do it. The trailer we bought did not come with a key because it was keyed the same as the previous owners spyder.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I had a friend come over to install it for me. It involves taking some things apart. If you are not handy I would recommend having a locksmith do it. The trailer we bought did not come with a key because it was keyed the same as the previous owners spyder.
    Another option ( If you have an F3) would be to buy a Lamonster gas cap, use the tumbler from the old gas cap in the 622 trailer. That would also be a job for a locksmith. To many tiny parts for me to deal with and there is a tiny ball barring that just flies off into never never land.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Another option ( If you have an F3) would be to buy a Lamonster gas cap, use the tumbler from the old gas cap in the 622 trailer. That would also be a job for a locksmith. To many tiny parts for me to deal with and there is a tiny ball barring that just flies off into never never land.
    Yeah we're in the same boat with the trailer still being keyed to the previous owner. I'm going to look at some videos over the weekend and decide whether I want to tackle it myself.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Here is the link to order Freedom Trailer blank keys for your trailer. This is exact key blank. Thanks Cruzr Joe for the key numbers
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Below is the replacement key blank for a Freedom Trailer, i am posting this because it took me a week to find someone who could make me a duplicate key for a freedom trailer, everyone said no we don't have keys for can am trailers. This came from a local Lock smith who was willing to match the key.

FreedomTrailerKey.jpg.jpg

The numbers in the upper left hand side are 1621
    The numbers in the upper right hand side are TM13
    The numbers on the center of the key are KS101

Just thought someone other than me might need this info also

PS cut key was $2.00

Cruzr Joe
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

From Joe's picture, the number of the blank is 1621-TM13 and that's from the Ilco Niche key Blank Assortment listing, http://www.ilco.us/search-results.js...13&language=en. The Ilco X270-TMC1 blank is the non-chipped emergency key for RTs.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S