hi everyone,
I just joined spyder lovers and I'm looking for help. I bought a 2009 spyder GS se5 just a few weeks ago and took it for the first long ride the other day of about 160 miles. On the return trip I was about 4 blocks from home and I got an ABS fault come up and the check engine light as well and it went into limp home mode, fortunately I was close to home. I parked it in my garage and decided to do some research, that's how I find this sight. I went out to start the bike this morning. it would not turn over at all, the battery connections are all good. it is given me a different warning indicator, the oil can indicating a low oil pressure. I checked the oil and its good. in the manual is says to check the oil when the engine is at normal operating temp. turn off the engine then start it again for 30 sec turn off then check oil, but obviously I can't start the engine to do that. I checked fault codes by pressing down the S M and turn signal button but it gave me nothing. I press the starter button and it gives me a whirring sound then nothing. I also checked the brake fluid level and it is good. Does anyone know how to get this started so I can get it into a shop? Thanks for the help.