Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Sue and I still enjoy riding when ever we can. 66,000 miles and counting.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Having owned one now going on almost 2 years, I've put about 4-5K miles on it. I bought it because I was still new to riding and a bit nervous after being off a bike for 30+ years. I tell everyone that asks me about it that it feels like you are riding a bike, but its more like driving a car. It's great for 2 up riding, my wife wont ride on the back of anything else. But the gas mileage sucks, it's hot as hell in the summer and it doesnt really feel the same as 2 wheels. And I said that when my other ride was a Honda Silverwing, a 600cc maxi scoot.

Recently I picked up a replacement for the scoot, a BMW RT1200. This bike cruises effortlessly, handles like a sport bike and has tons of storage with the side bags and top case. And it gets about 50mpg. This is the one that puts a smile on my face. But I'll keep the Spyder for the 2up riding and will probably use it more in the Winter when the heat is a help. Of course the BMW also has heated grips as well as seats, so it's probably just as good when the temps go down.

2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

I don't have as much experience with a Spyder as others (only 5000 miles in the past year), but I've come to the conclusion that I'm completely obsessed about this Spyder and three wheelers in general. There hasn't been a single ride that I didn't learn something about this machine as well as myself as a ryder. When I started riding with the friends with this Spyder (they're all on 2-wheel HDs) they saw it as a beginner's motorcycle. Lately, I've seen it in their eyes that they're understanding that you can do things on this Spyder that you simply cannot or would not do on a bike or even a conventional trike (two wheels back, one front).

I can't say I'm completely sold on BRP or Can-Am but I am completely sold on the style of riding the Spyder brings. If not another Spyder, I'm pretty sure my next purchase will remain with a reverse trike (two wheels front, one back). If Honda does come out with it's NeoWing in 2020...I think it will pretty cement the deal that what BRP started with the Spyder will remain with us for a very long time as other manufacturers get on board.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Been riding motorcycles since I was 16. This is my first trike and I really do like it. That said, it is a very different experience than 2 wheels. Not a bad experience, just different. I am hooked, although it takes some time to get use to it. I have only had it for about a week but I can see many more years to come of 3 wheeled fun.
    1980 Honda - CM400
    1983 Yamaha - Maxim 750
    1988 Kawasaki - EX500 Ninja
    1994 Yamaha - FZR 600
    1998 Honda - VFR800 Interceptor
    2008 Buell - XB12

2018 Bitten by the Spyder Bug
    2018 Can Am - F3 Limited
    2018 F3 Limited , White