Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default After owning one, are you guys still hype with it, compared to before you owned it?

Just want to know how you guys feel after having one in your possession, are you still taking it for a spin every week or days? Is the hype of being on the road fading away or do you like it even more?

Thank you
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-10-2023 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Since ownership in 08 and over the years, we still use them as our primary drivers. Still liking them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I still love mine.
    I have two Yamaha Venture Royals in the garage and haven't driven either one in 3 of the 4 years I have owned the Spyder. This is not because of any physical problems, just that the Spyder is SO easy and SO much fun.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Lovin mine. The more farkels I put on, the more I enjoy riding it. It's a blast. This is my second syder in 3 years.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Love mine too.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hype ??

I like mine but don't "love" it......and probably never will.

Spyder Garage

I have a Goldwing and Spyder in the garage. I enjoy both. For a kick-in-the-pants leisurely ride or long-distance touring, I choose the Spyder. My anxiety level riding the Spyder is lower and more relaxed..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Love mine, wished we had a good after market bike shop like lamonster to go in maine! Getting tired of the narrow minded attatude some of our shops have, like with putting a set of car tires on.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I wish I'd purchased mine long ago. I love it more every day. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Still love it. My wife takes it out on her own sometimes. The first time she left with it I was a little sad. I sure did miss that bike.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

We have had ours coming up on two years now and have put ~7000 miles on it. While it is fun to ride, it still does not float my boat like any one of the BMWs I have in the stable from the antique to the R1100S sport bike.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Absolutely lovin' it. Never in doubt about wanting to take it out. In fact, it's been so much fun that both my boats hardly get used anymore. Spyder has become the 'toy of choice'. Also use it to run errands that don't require my truck.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm 72 and have owned 3 Spyders ( and still have my RT ) …. during riding weather April - Oct. if I have to use a veh. the RT is what I use ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Two years and 25,000 miles. No plans on slowing down just yet.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Frankly, I was not all that hyped about getting my 1st Spyder in 2007. Lamont was hyped enough for both of us, I'd say.

Then, I was even less thrilled when I first began to ride it. It was nothing like I expected it to be and I hated it. But having invested over $15k and the fact that Lamont seemed to be just fine with his (he had a 30 day head start on riding it). I hung in there to discover one of the most fun rides I've ever owned. Besides. I couldn't let Lamont get a leg up on me. I'm sure you can understand the motivation there.

Same went for the Ryker. I guess I'm not the anxiously hyperventilating kind. Not all that much anticipation. Similarities in my 2 purchases would be; 1- paid for sight unseen (except for web site pictures). 2- Never ridden before purchased.

I pretty much had to buy the Ryker to make sway bars, etc., for it. But the icing on the cake is. I LOVE riding it! It's not a Spyder. And it's not supposed to be. There have been some negative reports come out about the Ryker. But most of them I put in the category of expecting a VW priced vehicle to be a BMW. The Ryker is great, in my opinion. And a good deal of bang for your buck.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-16-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

The more I drive mine the more I like it! And it got me out into the wind again so I will be forever grateful

Spyder Garage

Very unsure at first, handling/steering was the big thing for me, took me 3000km to get used to it, but now great!

Now, it just keeps getting better!

Spyder Garage

Love mine also - easy on the ankles in stop and go traffic.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I really like to ride my Spyder, when I can. I think it's an outstanding machine, but in some ways poorly executed. 2018 RTL, owned it 3 months, only 2000 miles on it. Been in the shop for 13 days now, leaking water pump and parking brake failure. Mind you, this is a brand new bike. I think the engine and drive-line are bulletproof, but the sub-components seem to be outsourced to vendors that are royally screwing BRP on the quality control. There are known issues with these machines that BRP seems to move very slowly on. The parking brake issue and the left switch pack are documented issues, and the leaking water pump seems to be an upcoming known issue, reading about the leaks. I say the current crop of RTL's are probably the least reliable of all the major players, and that includes Harley.

I'm hoping once the bad taste of having a brand new bike with all these issues wears off that I'll really come to love the Spyder. I just have to get where I trust is again. I can't ride 2 wheelers anymore, so my choices are limited. 2 wheels in front beats the other configuration, hands down. Really no choice there.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Good question. I get bored with everything in due time.....woman,cars,drones,boats jet ski's etc.etc. I have only had the RT for 3 months and so far really enjoy it. It is a convenient toy to have. Go outside and hop on. The only drawback is southern California traffic...still UN-nerving in any vehicle but 2-3- wheel vehicles raise the intensity. I prefer the spyder handling over any vehicle have owned....vett's, miata's, ....the spyder reminds me of go karts. I raced dirt oval go karts for many years and that was the most fun in my life....period!
    I have wondered why there isn't organized can am races!? Maybe with the new rally there will be.

Spyder Garage

I own a Ryker 600 - 3 months - absolutely love ryding it - I am 76 years old and in good shape so can still ride 2 wheels, as I did most of my life, however the stability and more relaxed (but still very alert) feeling I have on 3 wheels is great for me - I ryde it every day!

Spyder Garage

I am on my 4 th can am and I am still enjoying the heck out of it. Mine is a 2016 RTL se 6 speed. Red in color.

Spyder Garage

Both My wife and I still love our Spyder after 3 years, we've ridden over 23,000 miles in our very limited riding seasons here in MN. Though now I've picked up some real cold weather gear to try out this coming winter.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I have to say that my F3 is more fun than I expected. Now that I've gotten over the major issues of unlearning/relearning that come with switching from 2 wheels to 3, my inner hooligan is coming out and I find myself gunning the F3 around in ways I hadn't done with a motorcycle for decades. Snow covered parking lots are especially fun... try that one on two wheels! The one thing I'd wish for on the F3T (with the F3L trunk) is bigger saddlebags - not enough room for a week's ride worth of clothes for me and the other half!
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

Had mine over 6 years now. No plans to change unless Can-am release a new version of the RS - unfortunately the Ryker is too small for me as otherwise I would have got one of those (and kept the RS).

No plans to return to 2 wheels either, only reason I will is if I wear out the RS and can't find a replacement as there's nothing in the current Spyder lineup that's suitable for me.