Spyder Garage

Default A 'beefy' DIY Spyder

My lady and I went out for a countryside lunch trip yesterday. Decided to investigate a few back roads in Central and Eastern Ontario. Stopped for lunch in the pretty little town of Bancroft. Parked our red F3L at "Granite", and went in to eat. Came back out and found this 'beefy' Spyder 'look-alike' parked across the lot. Didn't meet the owner, but chatted briefly with one of his buddies. Was told that his friend is a metal fabricator and made this (and several others) up himself. The badge on the front calls it a "Jester". It's chain-driven, powered by a 1050 Triumph Triple, gives the impression of a Spyder on steroids, and is running on Michelin 'Pilot Super Sport' tires (didn't/wasn't able to make out the size, but maybe Mike (BlueKnight) will know. Thought maybe some others might enjoy the pics.

jester.jpgjester1.jpg
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. The triple in the Triumph is one powerful engine. I was tempted to buy a two wheeler with the triple engine, and l got as far as the test ride. Flipping the throttle made so much torque that the bike wanted to lean to one side. That scared me off of that 2300.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-15-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

He probably could have bought a real
    spyder for the cash he has in that thing. Does show quite a bit of ingenuity though.

Spyder Garage

If that's a home build it's seriously impressive.