Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

SO, I thought I'd give you guys an update on the electronic mystery. I trailered the Spyder to the dealer so the tech could experience the magic for himself without having to wait for the safety message to reset. I rolled the Spyder off the trailer and it started correctly for the first time in 3 weeks. Left the trike with them. For 10 days every time they walked past it , they attempted start-up and it behaved normally. The tried it 50-75 times. Not ONE TIME did it misbehave. The called BRP anyway and asked if their tech dept. had ever encountered this. "NOPE." (I feel SO special!) And they had NO suggestions. Me and the tech hoped it had "healed itself " and I trailered it back home.

First startup attempt(!!!) rolling off the trailer, it did THE DEED again, and has done it every time since I got it back home. I found if I clear the service message, cycle through the display options back to Hr display, it will start every time. If I just clear safety and hit the starter, fuel pump cycles and safety resets. Cycle, rinse, repeat... Demon possession???
    John Wells
    Hollidaysburg, PA

Spyder Garage

Is your place near any high voltage power lines?? Any chance there's some electro-magnetic interference somewhere around your place? Is your Spyder parked next to or near the drinks fridge, fan motor, or possibly anything with an electric motor that cycles on & off?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

how old of a battery? Most likely the cause.