SO, I thought I'd give you guys an update on the electronic mystery. I trailered the Spyder to the dealer so the tech could experience the magic for himself without having to wait for the safety message to reset. I rolled the Spyder off the trailer and it started correctly for the first time in 3 weeks. Left the trike with them. For 10 days every time they walked past it , they attempted start-up and it behaved normally. The tried it 50-75 times. Not ONE TIME did it misbehave. The called BRP anyway and asked if their tech dept. had ever encountered this. "NOPE." (I feel SO special!) And they had NO suggestions. Me and the tech hoped it had "healed itself " and I trailered it back home.

First startup attempt(!!!) rolling off the trailer, it did THE DEED again, and has done it every time since I got it back home. I found if I clear the service message, cycle through the display options back to Hr display, it will start every time. If I just clear safety and hit the starter, fuel pump cycles and safety resets. Cycle, rinse, repeat... Demon possession???