Spyder Garage

Default Oil error in ryker' operating guide ???

Hi Guy's I was going to question this in the forum at an earlier date but slipped my mind. We are going to check our oil in our 2 Ryker 600.s today. In the operators guide on pages 96 & 97 is the info on checking your oil. On page 97 on the top left there is a photo of the dip sick. On the left side of the pointy end marked #1 ( usually at the bottom of the crank case is the minimum mark for your oil. On this photo to the right there is a #2 closer to the handled is the maximum mark for your oil. IN the photo on page 97 the #1 mark ( at the pointy end ) is the maximum level and the # 2 mark ( towards the handle end ) is the minimum mark.. I even checked my other operators guide and it is the same. After checking the oil on motors for 40 years am I missing something??? Mike

Spyder Garage

I never even looked at the paper manual.

I downloaded the PDF version of the manual from Can Ams web site, they are usually up to date with any errors corrected.
    -Jimmy

2019 Ryker 900
    2018 Honda Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know

Interesting little tidbit.... I'm sure most have missied it as it is always min at the low point on the stick and max at a higher point on the stick. If it is correct on the first mention then most will not pay attention to the second.... I go by the stick (if marked min and max ) or the known method.... otherwise you may have to flip the ryker over....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There is actually a Bulletin in the Service Manual, not the owners manual, that addresses the procedure. And it does appear you have an out of date manual. My procedure in the Owners manual is on pages 98 & 99. In the downloaded Owners manual it's on pages
    99 & 100. So there have been some additions and updates since you bought your Ryker's.