I Google'd a lot and also searched here and read some other posts about the adjustable windshields moving down by themselves due to buffetting / bouncing / flapping more than they should. However those topics are really old, and my issue also includes the dash bouncing a lot making it hard to read my GPS. So, I'm hoping someone has found a more solid solution.

Please bare with me...it has been a crazy 5 years since I purchased my 2014 ST-S SE5 brand new in 2014. Not that ya'll care to know about me really, but I have loved riding all types of 2, 3 and four wheeled motorized toys all my life. But, due to life and family I have not been able to ride hardly at all in 5 years. Prior to 2019, my spyder had less than 1k miles under her belt. I am now finally back to my passion of riding a lot more and have ridden 5k+ this year!! And, life feels great! Always a wor*k in progress, but still great.

With that aside, the only upgrade I made prior to 2019 was in March 2015 which is when I replaced the stock windshield with the CalSci XL. From what little I was able to ride, I never had an issue of it falling down while riding. However, it might start doing it soon since I will be raising it and lowering often depending on weather, etc..

Last month (June 2019), I installed a nice GPS unit and mounted it on the top part of the dash under the windshield. It's a sweet spot and installation/mount job.

I never noticed or paid much attention, but I NOW notice the windshield flaps back and forth (bounces) with wind and on bumps making the GPS blurry to read. I really wish the windshield was more stabilized like a permanent mounted (non-adjustable) windshield so the dash would be steadier. I don't feel the dash needs to shake that much even on somewhat smooth interstates.

Time permitting, I'm going to take the windshield and tupperware off tomorrow and see if there is anything I can tighten or something so I can still adjust the windshield without falling and especially read my GPS without having to slow down or stop.

Does anyone know if a heavier spring kit is only for helping a larger windshield move up and down. OR, if it will also help highly reduce the amount of buffeting, bouncing or flapping?

Regardless, I really want the dash to be steadier.

Thanks for any input ya'll might have for me.