Spyder Garage

Default High Beam Low Beam

I don't understand how the high and low beam headlights work. Are there two bulb or one? Is it all mechanical positioning of one one bulb?
    I have a standard RT so no fog lights. What does or does not the little lens next to the headlight do...nothing..decorative?
    If I buy this is am I good?
    LED Light.jpg

Spyder Garage

There is one light for both beams. There is a "shutter system" that comes into play when going from one mode to another. Low beam is partly blocked by the shutter. High beam is full on. You can hear the shutter opening and closing when you change from one to the other.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-14-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    I don't understand how the high and low beam headlights work. Are there two bulb or one? Is it all mechanical positioning of one one bulb?
    I have a standard RT so no fog lights. What does or does not the little lens next to the headlight do...nothing..decorative?
    If I buy this is am I good?
    LED Light.jpg
    It is a shutter system, one bulb, one filiment. The Shutter drops down part way for low beam. You can hear it work with engine at an idle and dtand next to it.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Don't forget that you can also aim your headlights for better results. LED's are a nice improvement too. The others have answered the shutter system part...
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White