Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Interesting article, Jeriatric...
    My chiro and acupuncturist recently recommended Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM and Fish Oil respectively and with similar regimens. I'll be making some purchases shortly.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriatric View Post
    MSM - It's widely used in the alternative medicine field and by people looking for a natural way to relieve joint pain, reduce inflammation and boost immunity.

Recommend buying it in capsule form. You can get it in pressed pill form(at Walmart) but it's a horse pill. Best bought at a Vitamin Store or similar outlet.

FWIW - I have read studies on if it was harmful in any way and the conclusion was that it is no more harmful than water.

How to take: as recommended to me back in the 80's.

For the first six weeks take one pill(1000mg) for every 100 lbs of body weight, twice a day. Typically 2000mg morning and 2000mg at night. I weigh 235 and took 2000mg 2X a day.

You will know whether or not it is working within the first month.

After six weeks reduce to 1000mg morning and night for 3 months.

After that and only if you're having a flare up. Repeat the initial dosage amount and length of time.

Personally, I was stunned and surprised at the results.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/msm-supplements

If you try it I hope it does for you what it did for me.
    I'll give it a try. Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    My chiro and acupuncturist recently recommended Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM and Fish Oil respectively and with similar regimens. I'll be making some purchases shortly.
    A chiro recommended what your chiro did, except without MSM. I tried all (with no MSM), and no change. My complaint at the time was leg cramps in the middle of the night. I will now try the MSM that Jerber recommended. I go to the gym a lot which creates inflammation in my R hip (arthritis), my problem area.

Jerber,

If you read this, water can be a problem, overhydration and you could die. I drink a lot of water to keep my metabolism up, to burn excess calories.

To the OP, I hope you don't mind getting a little off track.

Spyder Garage

Factoid: Back before MSM became widely known for its worth. It was not combined with any other supplement. My recommendation is to take MSM as a standalone supplement. (that does not mean don't take what others have recommended....what I meant was take it as a stand alone not an added to supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    A chiro recommended what your chiro did, except without MSM. I tried all (with no MSM), and no change. My complaint at the time was leg cramps in the middle of the night. I will now try the MSM that Jerber recommended. I go to the gym a lot which creates inflammation in my R hip (arthritis), my problem area.

Jerber,

If you read this, water can be a problem, overhydration and you could die. I drink a lot of water to keep my metabolism up, to burn excess calories.

To the OP, I hope you don't mind getting a little off track.
    I hear what you're saying about over hydrating. Water goes through me like 91 octane through my Spyder.

To the OP. If this highjack ticks you off? I apologize, and ask that you blame me, not the other guys.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OP here again. Nope - it doesn't tick me off.
    Bert

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    OP here .. Yes, I was looking for mechanical aids and/or riding techniques - not medication. BTW - it's been diagnosed as osteo-arthritis.

Thanks for all the responses, everyone!
    Even though you said you don't want a medication answer that is what worked for me. I was having occasional A pains, mostly in my knees. My doctors had ordered me to quit using NSAIDS such as Naproxin because they are damaging to kidneys. I had never been a real user of Tylenol because it seemed to not do much for me. But since Acetaminophen is not damaging to kidneys I decided to try it. I started with 4000 mg/day, 8 500 mg tablets. After a few months I cut back to 2000 mg/day. 4000 is the recommended max dosage with no time limit so I'm at one-half of it. I have had very few bouts of A pain since then. Even works better than the Cortisone shots I had. You may want to consider that route.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Bar extenders may help put you in a more upright seating position, less pressure on you hands to grips
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSpyder2014 View Post
    Bar extenders may help put you in a more upright seating position, less pressure on you hands to grips
    Hmmm...That a thought. I'm not familiar with them though. Got a link to any specific ones that you might recommend?

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

I used to have to take an Aleve every day for pain. Ever since I discovered C60, I have not needed any of that. Pain is no longer a problem.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thought. GLUCOSAMINE taken in high dosages has side effects if you take other medications or suffer from other health issues. Google Glucosamine/MSM. MSM is safest when used as a stand alone supplement. fwiw

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Try the foam covers that slip ver the std grips. They open up your grip and reduces pressure on th3 nerves. Help my numbness in throttle hand considerably. And less than a $20 investment. Reduce vibrations too
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

I bought some fingerless gloves that have a velcro wrap around the wrist from WalMart. they are Golds Gym brand and sell in their sporting goods dept. for $14.95. I think they are designed for power lifting, etc. but work fine for driving my Spyder. It has helped me with the wrist fatigue but still get some upper right arm aches from twisting the throttle???????? I really hate to admit it is hell to get old... :-)
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I got the shots in both hands for trigger finger. Dr. said it should last for life. I have had situations that felt like it was about to lock up again, but didn’t. PS. Man did those shots hurt! cueman
    hi, the shots were cortisone? i have a few over past 7 months in each hand, but was never told they work forever--im wondering ifyoure onto something better than what my doctor gave me

Spyder Garage

major relief for me from injections into each hand of ?cortisone?

Spyder Garage
    2018 F3s, 2016 versys 650LT, 2001 concours 1000

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

V
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    hi, the shots were cortisone? i have a few over past 7 months in each hand, but was never told they work forever--im wondering ifyoure onto something better than what my doctor gave me
    . Y
    The shots I got were not cortisone and I can’t remember it’s been so long ago. Shots are still working but in rare accurance seem to feel like could be starting back but don’t. cueman

Spyder Garage

I found myself gripping the bars too tightly and causing myself pain and cramping. Grip Puppies have pretty much relieved that.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black