Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT limited 2014 Backrest. 857.607USD in Portugal

Hi everyone I have a Spyder RT 2014 limited and am interested in buying a backrest. I'm looking for online because in Portugal it costs 857.607USD. I noticed that there are differences between the backrest for comfort seat and regular seat.

How can I see which one I have?
    Previously: 2014 RT LIMITED SE6 (Silver Platinum Satin)

Previously : 2011 RT TECHNO SE5 (Pure Magnesium Metallic)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tomfil View Post
    Hi everyone I have a Spyder RT 2014 limited and am interested in buying a backrest. I'm looking for online because in Portugal it costs 857.607USD. I noticed that there are differences between the backrest for comfort seat and regular seat.

How can I see which one I have?
    First check the bottom of the seat Pan for the model number , second the OEM backrest is very expensive compared to the Utopia brand …. I've owned 8 + Utopia's …. imho they are the best made , and most comfortable ( it has the ability to give real Lumbar support ) ( PM me if interested ) ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    First check the bottom of the seat Pan for the model number , second the OEM backrest is very expensive compared to the Utopia brand …. I've owned 8 + Utopia's …. imho they are the best made , and most comfortable ( it has the ability to give real Lumbar support ) ( PM me if interested ) ….. Mike
    Thank you for your help Mike. I'm really interested in the original backrest. The codes I have under the saddle are B0007 708001646 FAB / wo: 1543612 Is it possible to identify the model by these codes?

Thanks

Tomás

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your help Mike. I'm really interested in the original backrest. The codes I have under the saddle are B0007 708001646 FAB / wo: 1543612 Is it possible to identify the model by these codes?

Thanks

Tomás
    I checked your numbers with CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM ( they have all OEM parts ) the only number that registered as a Part was - 708001646 - that comes back to a 2014 RT Limited seat assembly in Burgundy …. This doesn't answer your problem ….. You need to find out what was the STOCK seat that came with the 2014 RT Limited, this info should be available from BRP … either a dealer or from the company itself …. or from a member hear who actually bought a new one ….. sorry this is the best I can do . …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I checked your numbers with CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM ( they have all OEM parts ) the only number that registered as a Part was - 708001646 - that comes back to a 2014 RT Limited seat assembly in Burgundy …. This doesn't answer your problem ….. You need to find out what was the STOCK seat that came with the 2014 RT Limited, this info should be available from BRP … either a dealer or from the company itself …. or from a member hear who actually bought a new one ….. sorry this is the best I can do . …. Mike
    The Spyder 2014 RT Limited Silver Platinum Satin came with Burgundy or Black seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

The Spyder 2014 RT Limited Silver Platinum Satin came with Burgundy or Black seat.
    Well that ad only says it has an " Embroidered Limited Seat " ….. it doesn't say " comfort seat " ….. imho, the Comfort was an optional seat ….. as I said before - hopfully someone who Actually has one will chime in …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I Tomfil

I have a 2014 that buy in July 2018, I have a Utopia backrest, it has a lot of latitude for adjustments.

It is very well made with quality materials Super, If you want to keep your original seat

https://www.utpr.com/spyderrt.html

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

I saw on Utopia website how to distinguish the stock seat from the confort seat.

https://www.utpr.com/spyderrtcomfort.html

I bought a used Spyder and that's why I was in doubt about the seat model. Is it worth investing in the confort seat? I have to decide now before buying the backrest.

Thanks for the help

Spyder Garage

I saw on Utopia website how to distinguish the stock seat from the confort seat.

https://www.utpr.com/spyderrtcomfort.html

I bought a used Spyder and that's why I was in doubt about the seat model. Is it worth investing in the confort seat? I have to decide now before buying the backrest.

Thanks for the help
    Well which one, that's a tuff question …. the comfort seat imho ,is made for a person 6 Ft. plus or very long legs ….. only you can decide what might fit you better ….. I don't think the comfort seat has any different foam, so both should feel about the same …. I'm 5' 11" with 32" inseam and the stock RT seat is fine for me.... I will say the Utopia is excellent choice …. every touring bike I have owned got one ….. I found a nice feature that Utopia doesn't actually put on their backrests …. It's a " lumbar " support, but you can easily add one …. what I did was TILT the very bottom of the backrest forward so it's now at an angle " / " …. to keep it there I taped a 1/2" piece of wood to the upright bar ….. the seat still functions the same as it did without the shim …. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I do not like the brp pad .The pad does not adjust independent of the back rest ,so it does not conform to your back .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

All came with a stock seat, the comfort seat would have to be ordered special

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

i have just sold a brp backrest and the bracket assy for 200.00 aus.i still have a new original delivery red seat for a 2016 rt special.