Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Consumer Reports - Vredestein Quatrac 5 tire

I just discovered C. R. did extensive testing of the Quatrac 5 , since I am not a member I can't see the entire test report .... but what I did see ...They liked it a lot ...……...Mike

Spyder Garage

Going to be my next tires. Thanks..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Order a set for the front when this trip is done.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Ordering a set next week, when what do I see behind the batter at a Cleveland Indians game?
    A large banner advertising KENDA tires!
    What to do, what to do? .....NOT!
    Gary
    2017 RTL Asphalt Gray Metalic
    1987 BMW K75s

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I just discovered C. R. did extensive testing of the Quatrac 5 , since I am not a member I can't see the entire test report .... but what I did see ...They liked it a lot ...……...Mike
    Here are the ratings charts from the report. Note several tires have higher overall ratings.

Vredestein tire rating CR.jpg

Performance all season CR rating 1.jpg Performance all season CR rating 2.JPG

Ultra high performance CR rating 1.jpg Ultra high performance CR rating 2.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Here's their summary comment on the Vorti.

Highs
    Impressive handling, dry braking and hydroplaning resistance. A quiet tire.

Lows
    Stiff ride on impact.

CR's Take
    A very good choice with high levels of grip and handling. Based on CR's test, the Ultrac Vorti has relatively good tread life compared to peer models.
    And for the Quatrac.

Highs
    Very good hydroplaning resistance and snow traction. Very quiet.

Lows
    None.

CR's Take
    Well balanced for most all driving conditions.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Here's their summary comment on the Vorti.

And for the Quatrac.
    This is all well and good ….. But the Vorti doesn't come in any sizes to fit any Spyders …. I can show you many, many tires that are better than the Quatrac 5 , but if they don't fit the Spyder what's the point in recommending them ????? , or are you making a point I'm not understanding !!!.... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This is all well and good ….. But the Vorti doesn't come in any sizes to fit any Spyders …. I can show you many, many tires that are better than the Quatrac 5 , but if they don't fit the Spyder what's the point in recommending them ????? , or are you making a point I'm not understanding !!!.... Mike
    No particular point being made. I didn't scan the tire size lists. Since you said you don't subscribe to CR I thought I'd just present the information directly from their site as is. I did find it a bit interesting that a couple of tires you've recommended in the past, the General and Michelin, rate better than the Vredestein, but again, I didn't check the size availability.

2014 Copper RTS