Thread: Flags

Spyder Garage

Default Flags

Anyone have a source for flags that can mount on an RT? Thanks in advance!
    2019 RT L , Asphalt over black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

http://store.valueaccessories.net/6x...gs.aspxhttp:// that is for 6X9 flags only. if that is what you are looking for. If you need the flag poles that mount on the back of the RT go here http://store.valueaccessories.net/Tr...mSpyderRT.aspx
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-12-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Those are nice looking flag poles and flags! Thanks for the info.
    For those with these mounted on the RT...any complaints?

Spyder Garage

You will not be able to put a rain cover on it with those, and, they are pricey. I have an OEM luggage rack rack with a folding flag mount on my RTL and my travel rain cover fits snug, but, works fine. Here is where I plan to get another folding flag mount ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...AVNYC0X7&psc=1

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Almost forgot ... make sure you use medium LockTite on every screw. Reviews say several people have lost their mounts due to vibration. I had my folder on my 2010 Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager for 7 years without a single loss.

DSCN3681.jpg

SEE! Even sideways doesn't fall off!
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    2015 Circuit Yellow Spyder RT Limited
    2010 Velocity Yellow Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired
    NRA Instructor & N.C. CCW Instructor
    Never mind Area51. Worry about the other 50, or more!
    2015 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

These guys are great! Not real good with communication, but really good service! https://www.rumblingpride.com/
    2013 ST L , Black Current

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    Those are nice looking flag poles and flags! Thanks for the info.
    For those with these mounted on the RT...any complaints?
    P.W. I have the mounts on my spyder they are great easy to install and you can mount the 10x15 flags also I use both 6X9 and some 10X15 flags.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.! Looks like this might be my next project....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have these on my RT. http://store.valueaccessories.net/Tr...mSpyderRT.aspx. They work good. I added a stainless steel washer above and below each flag to keep them in place on the staff and allow the flags to freely turn. I put an O ring on the staff below the lower washer to hold it in place. I don't know what the effect of the regular windshield would be but I have an F4 tall and wide windshield on my RT. The wind swirls around such that the flags fly backwards, especially at highway speeds!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I've got a set of those on my tryke, the PO put them on. The flags are a little worse for wear, and I haven't found anything I'd want to replace them with. Probably just take them off.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    I've got a set of those on my tryke, the PO put them on. The flags are a little worse for wear, and I haven't found anything I'd want to replace them with. Probably just take them off.
    Rumbling Pride, linked to above, has a very wide selection of flags. I got my Idaho state flag and Finland country flag from them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)