Spyder Garage

Default Spyder maintenance question

Recently when my wife took her 2017 F3 in for the 12,000(approx) maintenance check she was told that the BUDS was not used until her 28,000 mile service. Is this correct?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rayeade View Post
    Recently when my wife took her 2017 F3 in for the 12,000(approx) maintenance check she was told that the BUDS was not used until her 28,000 mile service. Is this correct?
    So we hear a new stupid thing coming from Spyder dealers every day it seems.

There is no good reason NOT to connect it and do a quick code scan.

Are there any other dealers nearby ??

Spyder Garage

The BS meter is peaking again. Buds should be used every time work is done by the dealer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rayeade View Post
    True, if the dealership is too lazy to do a thorough job. Frankly, I am surprised that they would even say this. It would be easier to just lie and say they did hook your Spyder up to BUDS.

bs-meter1.gif
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is true that for a lot of maintenance items a Buds hook up is not needed. But like the others above have stated it is good practice to scan the bike to make sure there are on other issues lurking or about to become an issue. Always try and use a dealer that uses smart good safe practices when working on you machine, that's what you pay the big bucks for. Now if you just went there and said change my oil and that is all they did then you got what you asked for, but if you ask for them to do a PM (preventive maintenance) check on the bike they should have hook up Buds.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-12-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Find a different dealer. This one, with his arm around your shoulder and hand in your wallet, is not your friend..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

All comments are correct. When I had a Spyder this dealer had a very good Maintenance supervisor but now I am not impressed. My wife's F3 was in for a PM service and I thought that what they told her about not needing to use the BUDS was BS. There is another dealer about 20 miles away and they will be looking at it in the future.