Quote Originally Posted by Winni-Laker View Post
My RTL plays music from my Samsung S7 phone with no problem through BRP Connect and without using the Apple Music app. However, I am doing something differently than you are.

I also have an SD card in my phone, but I set up a folder called "Music" on it and copied all my music to that folder, using sub-folders for each artist and sub-sub folders for each artist's various albums.

When I connect my phone to the USB cable and follow the same procedure you described and click on "Music", a complete listing of all the artists on the SD card appears. I can then scroll through the artist listing, choose the album I want, then choose the first song in the album, and playback through the speakers begins. It seems to work pretty seamlessly. I can then press the BRP Connect lever again and get the full original display, but on the right side where the radio frequency used to be displayed the name of the song playing from the phone's SD card is displayed.

I don't know if my creating a folder named "Music" on the SD card is what is allowing this to work for me, but you might give it a try and see if you can get it working that way.
I'm also using the Galaxy S7 - BRP connect is working well with it, and I'm not even on the latest 2018 RTL dash firmware yet...