Let me start out by saying I'm not that savvy with phone apps, but I can usually figure things out or at least find someone younger whom was born with a smartphone in their hand to help me out. Not the case this time. Maybe one of you forum members can help, as I have heard nothing back from BRP customer care. My Spyder is a 2019 F3 Limited, and the digital dash has the latest software update. BRP Connect user guide states that only Apple Music will work with their system, so I subscribed to Apple Music, downloaded the app to my Samsung Android phone and downloaded a bunch of songs to my library. The downloaded songs go to my SD card. Next, I turn on the Spyder, and then connect the phone, with both Apple Music, and BRP connect open and running. The phone connects to the Spyder and I can launch BRP Connect on the dash. I select Music, and the dash tells me that there is no music available in any of the categories, songs, albums, & playlists. I am able to play the songs in the Apple Music library if I back out of the BRP connect app and select bluetooth music from the menu. So what do I need to do to make Music in BRP Connect work correctly with my Apple Music and list all of the songs in my library? What location on the phone does BRP Connect need to access to? Thanks.