Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Really enjoying my 1969 notch back Barracuda. HP383 purple stripe street hemi cam. Plum crazy. Not perfect, but a real head turner. Fun to work on again. Just like the 70's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    Really enjoying my 1969 notch back Barracuda. HP383 purple stripe street hemi cam. Plum crazy. Not perfect, but a real head turner. Fun to work on again. Just like the 70's.
    Gotta love those pre emissions / pre 5mph bumber cars.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

You asked for it, you got it - the Dodi El Fiaz custom Jaguar by Panther in England. He was Princess Di's boyfriend who died with her in that tunnel crash. Unremarkable except for the 24K gold plating of all the metal pieces in and out and the custom woven upholstery, even in the trunk. There is a gold ingot embedded in a steering wheel spoke. There's a VCR player and color TV for rear seat viewers - big stuff for the mid 80s. In the console between the custom rear captains chairs is a set of decanters and glasses made by Waterford.
    IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now THAT's a Big Cat, that I could learn to like!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I always liked nice and fast cars, but I could never afford one and a motorcycle until the year 2000. That year I purchased an Audi A4 quattro 1.8 turbo with a 5 speed manual. I had to special order it as I did not want a sun roof. I then added a larger turbo with a stage 2 software update, custom exhaust, lowered performance suspension, larger brakes, and speed shifter. It was very fast and handled fantastic!
    It didn't take long for me to realise that I would rather ride my motorcycle on nice days than the Audi. The Audi ended up being our winter car. Just sold it this year since getting the Subaru Outback. The young man who purchased it seems to be enjoying it.

BTW I did own a 1970 1/2 Camaro RS with the split front bumper, had a small block built for it that dyno'ed at 502 hp and 512 foot# at 2800 rpm, but never got it installed after damaging my back. Sold the car (custom paint job) and motor to someone.

I hope to be able to ride my Spyder for a long time and will ignore the lust for fast cars.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

@RJS, love the ATS-V. Did the Cadillac Experience the past two years. Got to do Gymkhana with both the ATS-V and CTS-V. As well as drag testing. Both were awesome.

A couple years ago I was in the Berkshire mountains on my BMW motorcycle. An older gentleman was fueling his CTS and I walked over to ask how he liked it. I had my helmet on and think he did not understand what I was saying at first or why approaching him - so he looked a bit standoffish. I repeated, 'nice CTS-V - how do you like it?" He got a huge grin and said he had it two weeks and was his second CTS-V. He told a few quick stories - could tell he loved it.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raknid View Post
    @RJS, love the ATS-V. Did the Cadillac Experience the past two years. Got to do Gymkhana with both the ATS-V and CTS-V. As well as drag testing. Both were awesome.

A couple years ago I was in the Berkshire mountains on my BMW motorcycle. An older gentleman was fueling his CTS and I walked over to ask how he liked it. I had my helmet on and think he did not understand what I was saying at first or why approaching him - so he looked a bit standoffish. I repeated, 'nice CTS-V - how do you like it?" He got a huge grin and said he had it two weeks and was his second CTS-V. He told a few quick stories - could tell he loved it.
    They're wonderfully competent track vehicles. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with them! Cadillac is firmly committed to ensuring all V owners get to experience what their vehicles are capable of and know how to handle them, so they give all V owners free admittance to the 2-day performance driving academy at Summit Mountain!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Gotta love those pre emissions / pre 5mph bumber cars.
    My 75 Nova had an indestructible bumper. I slid on some ice and hit a guardrail. My bumper won.

Look at this thing. This isn't my car. But it's like it

2019 Rally , Black