Spyder Garage

Default 3000 mile service f3s

Can I do the first 3000 mile service on my 2019 f3s myself with out voiding the warranty ?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Many here do their own service work without voiding their warranty.

You're highly advised to: Document your actions, take pictures with a date stamp & keep all receipts.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

YES, i believe so, BUT............... Do you know what all has to be checked for the first service????

I Believe it is best for the dealer to do the first service so that they can upgrade the software etc.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Also in the queue for having the dealer do the first service. Second service does not need to be done until another 9,500 miles or so--OR--once a year thereafter. You can make the decision about who then. Most initial services cost around $300.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    Can I do the first 3000 mile service on my 2019 f3s myself with out voiding the warranty ?
    Yes. Keep good records and receipts.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

I tell this to all my friends who get new bikes: let the dealer do the first service. The main reason is that the factory assembly isn't always perfect, and the dealer assembly isn't always perfect. They know best what to look for that may shake loose during the first service interval. The first service inspection isn't always about changing the break in fluids. Do yourself and favor and let them have it the first time. You can probably handle the services after that, check your manual to see what needs to be done. As it was said before, keep all receipts and take some pictures to keep as a historical record of your maintenance.
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic

Spyder Garage

ok thanks guy I will let the dealer do the first service so they can check all that's need to be checked
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    I tell this to all my friends who get new bikes: let the dealer do the first service. The main reason is that the factory assembly isn't always perfect, and the dealer assembly isn't always perfect. They know best what to look for that may shake loose during the first service interval. The first service inspection isn't always about changing the break in fluids. Do yourself and favor and let them have it the first time. You can probably handle the services after that, check your manual to see what needs to be done. As it was said before, keep all receipts and take some pictures to keep as a historical record of your maintenance.
    If the dealer screwed up and didn't tighten some fasteners on the initial assembly, then what would make you think they would even check them on the 3,000 service. I did my first service and I feel confident that I did a better job than the dealer because of all the things I found that the dealer did not check or did wrong when I got the new Spyder home and checked it out for the first time. I do my own service because I don't trust the dealers. I worked in the mechanical maintenance field all my life. I am not in any hurry. I am the one riding the machine and it will cost me more money and time if something is not right. I have more incentive to do it right than the dealer does. I have the manuals and the tools to do anything the dealer can do.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

So the bike doesn't need an initial oil change until 3,000 miles? Is the oil in the engine from new mineral or semi-synthetic?

Spyder Garage

It's a synthetic blend.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...330-engin.html

1st change at 3000mi and every +9300mi or 1 year.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Thanks, MakoShark2. I am going to AngelPilot this afternoon.