Spyder Garage

Question Ryker Pasenger seat install problem

I received the passenger seat install kit with the foot pegs for my Ryker today and have already run into a glitch. The cross member seems to be too long to fit under the seat. Anyone else run into this problem? The on line install instructions doesn't even show clearly the orientation of how it should be installed so I am kind of guessing according to the shape. I wonder if I am going to have to grind some of the length off of it in order to squeeze it into position. I am interested in hearing from anyone else that installed the rear passenger seat. I have the Rally version.

Spyder Garage

OK, once I walked away from it for a while and then came back, the thing went together perfectly. Go figure. After reading how so many folks were having trouble getting the passenger seat to slide on and lock, I expected the same trouble. Murphy's law always has it's way with me....normally. In this case, I sprayed a bit of silicone spray on the bottom of the seat where it fits to the base and it went on like it was precision milled.

Now, the only question I have is on the Rally, it has a dial for the rear shock and instructions say to set it for number 4 setting. This thing just keeps turning and does not click or stop anywhere. Is that normal? Guess I have a lot of reading to do to get me familiar with this thing.

Spyder Garage

It's talking about the adjuster on the right side with the red knob. It has 1 to 4 settings. Set the arrow on 4.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    It's talking about the adjuster on the right side with the red knob. It has 1 to 4 settings. Set the arrow on 4.
    Thank you. I set it on "4" BUT it seems weird that there is no clicks or stops of any kind and just keeps turning. I wonder how that works. I still need to adjust the ring stops on the spring tension. It looks as if it is already close to the bottom of the threaded area, so I won't be able to move it much. Thanks again.