Spyder Garage

Default Comfort seat versus ultimate seat

Has anybody had a chance to compare the two. This is my second Spyder and I find the comfort seat a little better than the standard seat. I do a lot of long rides, and I find after about and hour and a half, my ass starts to go numb. I stand up for a few seconds, then I’m ok for another hour or so. The longer the days gets, the shorter the interval of having to stand up gets.

Spyder Garage

Look at the review of "Three seat comparison" done by tehrlich on this forum. I don't have a link but it is easy to find with the search. Lots of very good information that will help..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Not to "muddy the water" but we bought a Mustang seat for our 2013 RT last September. bought driver and passenger backrests too. we had the stock seat that I had added a backrest for me and doctored the seat and Beadriders etc. Best thing we ever did comfort wise. Still use the Bead Riders and after awhile you get saddle sore but comfort is greatly increased. I know some who like the Ultimate seat. Not much knowledge on the Comfort seat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by regor View Post
    Has anybody had a chance to compare the two. This is my second Spyder and I find the comfort seat a little better than the standard seat. I do a lot of long rides, and I find after about and hour and a half, my ass starts to go numb. I stand up for a few seconds, then I’m ok for another hour or so. The longer the days gets, the shorter the interval of having to stand up gets.
    Try an $80 gel pad from Motorcycle Dave before you drop $1500 on a custom seat.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Try an $80 gel pad from Motorcycle Dave before you drop $1500 on a custom seat.
    My wife and I both like our pad inserts from Motorcycle Dave.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

I installed the medical grade seat "pad"....big improvement! I added the Tri Axis bars, show chrome backrest and highway pegs as well, all this for under the cost of a high end seat. The comfort level is way better then stock and better then expected. While putting in the gel pad I also carved up the stock seat some. One area that was not comfortable was the crotch area where the family jewels hit the seat. The angle of the stock seat is to steep so I trimmed down this area essentially making a right angle and now have proper room for the jewels. I also trimmed the lumbar support back about an inch, big difference

Spyder Garage

Used gel inserts from Motorcycle Dave in a Comfort Seat! Perfect combo for me. Also very inexpensive!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Check out www.laamseats.com Seth worked for Russell Day Long and went out on his own, he makes a really nice and comfortable seat at a great price. He is located in Redding CA and you can do a ride in or ship him your seat.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622