Spyder Garage

Default Another question about water; but

it's not as good as Rogue's question.

I have a Keen Kanteen water bottle which I use when working out. It has a gasket on the screw in top. What I have noticed is when sitting upright for awhile, the top/cap is difficult to remove. Then, I have to turn the bottle over and upright a number of times, and then I can get the top/cap off. Is there something that I should do with the gasket? I have removed the gasket to see what happens, and the bottle leaks. The bottle is probably only a month or two old, and the gasket is fine. I purchased another brand water bottle, and it doesn't require a gasket, and no problem. I'm assuming the new bottle has a more finished surface where the top meets the bottle.

Like I said, this isn't as interesting as Rogue's question.

Rogue,

Do you remember when you were relatively new on here, and you asked a question about exercising? I'm just checking your memory. I did enjoy that question also.

Spyder Garage

usually I encounter the tight cap syndrome with a jelly jar. It is on the table, I screw the cap on snug,
    put jelly in fridge. Next time I take it out it's like the Hulk had put lid on.
    So here's the deal. The container and lid, expand AND contract a different amount, and at a different speed.
    I'm just guessing here, but maybe the bottle is a softer material than the cap, or one is metal and the other plastic?
    or.… anyway, you get the idea. Don't over tighten the cap and see how it goes.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

The top is plastic and bottle metal. I have at times run cold water over the top or warm water over the metal to get the top off.