Spyder Garage

Default Cardo Freedom1 review

Everyone has been so helpful with questions I decided to post a review to help someone else out.

I did a significant amount of research into blue connectivity while riding my Spyder. My main use case was listening to music with phone calls being a nice to have but not necessary. Bluetooth helmets did not receive great reviews and it seemed like there were complaints from users of helmets not functioning after a few months. The choice came down to Sena and Cardo - they are the two big players in the bluetooth accessory market. I talked with someone in the same situation as me who decided on Cardo after a lot of research and talking with users.

The Cardo unit seems like a superior choice, it has several models, it is waterproof and easy to use. I went with the Freecom-1 since I am a single rider and do not have a user to talk with a passenger often.

The installation was easy on my HJC 3/4 helmet, the unit would not fit into my HJC-45 full face helmet. The unit has two speakers you put on either side of the helmet - in the earhole. The HJC-45 full face DOES NOT have earholes so it did not work. I would need to dig out material to make it fit. This was a downer. It did fit into my 3/4 helmet easily - install was under 10 minutes. It is easy to use, sound is nice and I am very happy with the purchase. The entry price of low 90 US dollars was attractive to see how this would work.

I use everyday and today I used in a downpour without issues. It is waterproof.

If you are looking for a bluetooth insert - make sure it will fit into your helmet.

Jim
    Last edited by JimH; 07-09-2019 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Mispelling

Spyder Garage

Although the Freedom name would have been nice, I'm sure it's Cardo Freecom.

Been using Cardo's intercom for ages now, really good stuff.

I have a Freecom 2 set for me and the Missus. Also paired with the GPS and mobile phone. They work great.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

You are right - I must have been sleeping when I wrote freedom and not freecom. My apologizes - thanks for the correction.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

I have the freedom one from cardo works great easy to install I give it 5 stars
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

I also have recently purchased a Cardo Freecom 1. I like it a lot for music from my Zumo 660. Easy to adjust volume with fingerless gloves but a bit of a pain with regular gloves with fingers.
    Happy with it.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

I have the freecom 2 ,works ok .Wish they had a remote that could be mounted in front of you ,would make it a lot easier to use.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Try using ear plugs with your full face helmet. I use them (in one ear) on my shorti helmet and it works fine.