Thread: Help

Spyder Garage

Default Help

2013 RTL SE5

I was adjusting my belt tension an alignment. Test road for a very short distance, belt was still to far from the rear sprocket flange. blocked the front tires again, loosened the axel bolt, jacked the rear tire about 1" off the ground stared the bike let the wheel spin in first gear, made my adjustment. turned the bike off re-torqued the axial bolt. started the bike, PARKING BRAKE WILL NOT RELEASE, CHECK ENGINE IS FLASHING, LIMP MODE CAME ON.

I pulled the codes: C0031 ( left front wheel speed sensor failure ) C0034 (right front wheel speed sensor failure) C006C (vss rate message error). I expected the speed sensor errors as the front wheels were stationary while I was making the adjustments. and should clear after a short drive. The parking brake failure to release is a mystery. I know that I can loosen the cable at the rear brake so the bike will move, but is there anything I can do to get the brake to release with the switch as it should.

Any suggestions and or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Roger

THANKS TO THOSE WHO RESPONDED. WITH IT RUNNING AND HOLDING THE BRAKE PEDDLE DOWN, I was able to get the parking brake to release, drove maybe 600' and the codes reset. All is good now!!!!!!
    Last edited by Bunman; 07-08-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: problem solved

Spyder Garage

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you didn't disturb the parking brake cable or anything around it while you were torquing the axle bolt. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Keep trying to press the P button, I did this on mt 2018 with wheel off ground and It was idling to high(still warming up) as soon as I left off the foot brake I got all the warnings. I had to press the P button a couple times then drive the spyder a few feet in my drive way and then everything went back to normal.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Oops....

What happened is the rear wheel was traveling but the fronts were not. Computers (Nanny) does not like this. Usually you can remove the key and let the computers reset. Then start up and if you still have anything a short ryde will clear the problem.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

thanks for the reply

Spyder Garage

thanks I will try that