Spyder Garage

Default Two brothers exhaust

Thinking about getting the Two Brothers exhaust...looking for some feedback from anyone who
    Has purchased one...thank u much!

Spyder Garage

My Kawasaki Versys (650 cc parallel twin) had a Two Brothers exhaust installed when I bought it. Fortunately it also came with the OEM exhaust, and I swapped the two in short order. Although the Two Brothers was a quality item it was simply too loud and irritating. I also came to the conclusion that on longer rides it would almost always gave me a headache.

One of the recurring sales points for after market exhausts is that they save weight. I decided I would be better off in the long run, and save a pile of $$$, if I lost a little weight myself. And the minor weight savings on a Spyder, if that's an objective, would not, in my opinion, be worth the cost of the exhaust.

I'm of the school that believes loud pipes serve mostly to irritate non-riders and that doesn't help the cause very much. A louder horn would be a better investment - irritate people only when necessary, not constantly . Just my two cents.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I hear ya, thanks for input...some info I found on the weight aspect even though I’m not going got that, but is a 17lb
    Difference, which I think is a lot..I definitely want my bike louder, but just don’t want to comprise the performance!

Spyder Garage

I had the Two Brothers when I was doing ECU testing for the Monster Fuel Flash. It worked both with and without the cat. It takes about 250 miles for the ECU to totally correct mapping.
    The pipe with the cat in place had the most tame sound. You can start up fairly quiet in the driveway and be really decent going down main street when not on the pipe. It starts to bark going above 5,000 rpm but not over the top like a Harley loud. If you wanted to tame it a bit more you can order the P1 performance insert which takes some loud bark out of the sound.
    No pipe is worth the money they get for a hollow carbon or metal can.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

For my wife’s 600 and my 900, I made my own for $75 each. I cut the muffler off at the weld after the bend and used 1.75” pipe to extend it. Used an exhaust hanger and went into a radiant cycles gp exhaust. Over that to dress it up I put exhaust tips and used a baffle insert they sell just to tame it a little. Both engines sound very different with the 600’s 2 cylinder having a Harley type sound and the 900’s 3 cylinder having a sport bike type of sound. To tame it further more baffles could be used but I love both just the way they are with using one. Taking a vid of each bike doesn’t capture the sound the way it really is.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A 2bro's muffler is not really a muffler. It's nothing more than a straight pipe wrapped in inexpensive packing and covered with a carbon fiber container, and it is super loud. Yep, you can make one on your work bench at home for pennies.

Spyder Garage

Loud pipes irritate people, you do not go faster, louder sounds faster, Louder kills your hearing and No amount of $$ brings back "Hearing Loss?" Just say No to loud pipes.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!