Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Recommend you test ride both the RT and F3 Limited. My wife found both back seats compfy... But the upright seating on RT was not compfy for me. The F3 allowed me to stretch out my legs.

The only issue we had with F3 LTD was the Stock windscreen. It doesnt block mich air... So we got the extended one. Works great...
    1980 Honda - CM400
    1983 Yamaha - Maxim 750
    1988 Kawasaki - EX500 Ninja
    1994 Yamaha - FZR 600
    1998 Honda - VFR800 Interceptor
    2008 Buell - XB12

2018 Bitten by the Spyder Bug
    2018 Can Am - F3 Limited
    2018 F3 Limited , White

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Sorry I've been away so long. We've been on the road and busy for the last couple weeks. I'm not sure I could make the F3 comfortable for me. I have never liked the cruiser position. But can anyone here ferret out the dry weight of the F3 limited? I have not had any luck finding that. As mentioned before, weight is a critical concern.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The RT definitely has more secure seating for the passenger ….. also if you have a Driver backrest … the passenger can use that for more lateral control …… jmho …. Mike
    I agree with BlueKnight911. On the weekend while at a Ryker Demo day I looked at the F3 Limited and noted the passenger back rest is narrower than the one on my 2017 RTL. Even my friends 14 y.o. daughter couldn't fit in the recess where the pillions back is meant to sit.

My wife is petite, loves the support the RTL back rest provides, and I've had cause to have the odd sleep on the back seat on long journeys... is that wierd?
    2017 RTL , White

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    I agree with BlueKnight911. On the weekend while at a Ryker Demo day I looked at the F3 Limited and noted the passenger back rest is narrower than the one on my 2017 RTL. Even my friends 14 y.o. daughter couldn't fit in the recess where the pillions back is meant to sit.

My wife is petite, loves the support the RTL back rest provides, and I've had cause to have the odd sleep on the back seat on long journeys... is that wierd?
    Yeah, I am leaning toward the RT if it loads OK and if I can tie it down in the bed of the pickup properly (sounds crazy huh). I think I will be able to find a riding partner who is willing to let me try to load their bike and if all goes well, a RT may be in our future.

Spyder Garage

Neither the RT nor the F3 is going to fit in a standard pickup. They're a bit too wide.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

fulltimer,

Have you thought about reducing the zipping in the corners? That doesn’t cost anything.

I had a different problem. I had a 2008 GS, much less comfortable than the other Spyders. My g.f. had this bad habit of falling asleep in the wind. I corrected the problem with a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. Now, I take the top panels off, and she can sleep all she wants in the wind and sun.

Spyder Garage

Wyllec Not even an option. I can't hardly get out the door with the key in my hand without my B.H. She thinks that I can just figure out how to put arm rests on the ST (like we had on the Goldwing) and with a Ultimate seat, all will be well. NOT SO MUCH.

Wahrsuul That is why I want to try loading an RT. My loader, loads the bike rear end first. The ST fits fine. My biggest concern is weight. The RT is going to be about 100 lbs heavier.

We'll see when we get to Arizona in a couple of months.

Spyder Garage

I'd be concerned about the windshield if you're loading it backwards. Not sure it'll hand'e the wind in that direction. Other than that, I get it. I've wondered if I could get my RTS on the truck that way. In the end though, I'll probably find an inexpensive trailer.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange