Spyder Garage

Default rear shock adjust

09 GS, 13K miles

have successfully adjusted front shocks. it's the rear I am curious about. just finished getting tire changes completed this past weekend, thought would be easier access to adjust whilst rear wheel was off. was not the case. HELP!

rearshock.jpg
    2009 GS , MSD wires Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Anyone? Bueller???
    2009 GS , MSD wires Red/Black

Spyder Garage

3/8" ratchet head fits to those square holes, adjustment can be done by twisting the plate either way. When the wheel is in place the easiest access is from below with extension. I would recommend jacking your Spyder up when adjusting, a bit lighter that way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    3/8" ratchet head fits to those square holes, adjustment can be done by twisting the plate either way. When the wheel is in place the easiest access is from below with extension. I would recommend jacking your Spyder up when adjusting, a bit lighter that way.
    Thank you for clearing that up. The manual is not very clear (at least not to me) that you simply use the ratchet extension end directly into the square holes on the adjuster plate. I was wondering how in the heck to get the tool used on the front shocks onto the ring on the rear shocks. Cheers!
    2011 Spyder RS SE5 Magnesium
    Past Bikes: '89 Suzuki SP200; 2003 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2003 Triumph Speed Triple