Spyder Garage

Spyder Has anyone made their own driver floorboard?

Last month my MC had a rally in Colorado. One of my brothers was looking at my Spyder and was talking about making floorboards. We talked about materials and just general stuff. The more I thought about it, the more I think I want to do it. If anyone has made their own, I could use some suggestions on materials, measurements, etc.

Thanks
    2012 RT , White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rebob View Post
    Last month my MC had a rally in Colorado. One of my brothers was looking at my Spyder and was talking about making floorboards. We talked about materials and just general stuff. The more I thought about it, the more I think I want to do it. If anyone has made their own, I could use some suggestions on materials, measurements, etc.

Thanks
    I made a pair years ago … I bought a Basic RT which had none …. I removed the Rubber peg covers then made a cardboard template to the shape I wanted ….. I then bought some 1/4 in. diamond plate alumin. and traced the shape from the template …. I attached it using the two bolts in the pegs and I made a small steel bracket and bolted that I bolted to the front ( using existing BRP bolt hole ) ….. If I were to do this again I would use the Bolt hole near the passenger PEG and making the board slightly longer …… I can send PICS to another Cell phone , so PM me your number & I will send them to you ……. These cost me about $30.00 …….good luck …. Mike ...……….PS, I just watched Pierre's video and shows you exactly waI just wrote above ….

Spyder Garage

I bought the aluminum floor boards from Spyder Accessories for $99.00 and then put peel and stick rubber floor tiles on the tops (Harbor Freight)...look very good and reduce vibration.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info guys. I will have to look at Pierre's video
    2012 RT , White

Spyder Garage

I am thinkining of adding three Stainless Button top bolts through the rubber to further secure the rubber mat and jazz up the look..

Spyder Garage

Be aware that the standard fit right-hand board breaks away at the front edge just incase the brake pedal needs to press lower than usual.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

If the brake pedal tries to go below the floor board, can the brake pedal be adjusted. I would like to have my floorboards longer so I can stretch a little
    2012 RT , White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rebob View Post
    If the brake pedal tries to go below the floor board, can the brake pedal be adjusted. I would like to have my floorboards longer so I can stretch a little
    In the pics I sent you ….. my floorboard has the same angle as the footpeg….. I remember reading about the OEM floorboard having the " break-away " feature ….. so I tested my brake Pedal for the distance / compressibility it had ….. I opened my brake fluid containers, and then stood on the pedal for a couple of minutes..... after the initial normal max drop of the pedal, it did drop a very very small amount, but my foot didn't come close to being level with my floorboard ….. I have had to do Extreme Panic stops and never had my foot go down to the floorboard ….. hope this eases your mind ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

AWESOME! Thanks Mike
    2012 RT , White