Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

First off I want to thank everyone for their feed back. I've narrowed down my options and need your opinion on the 2nd one. It's being sold by a car dealer. It's a 2010 rs. It has a juicebox with 2 brothers exhaust. JL audio slampack with it own battery. It has 3500 miles and is about $100 less than the 1st one. I've read some threads that say don't buy moded can ams. What are some thoughts if I go this way. Do we know enough now with extra addons if it's a good or bad thing? Thanks again hoping to maybe having one by the weekend. Also, the title says it's from Texas not that it's a bad thing I can only think of the heat and if it's a bad thing for the spyder.
    2014 RS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Wink Oh yeah!!!!

I finally went through with a purchase last night. What a sweet moment and ride home. I probably had bugs across my teeth and didn't even know it as I had a smile on my face all the way home It's a 2014 RS SM5 and has less than 2000 miles on it. It looks brand new. On to doing the recommendations provided to me here. Thanks to all that provided feedback and helped with my decision. Now, I'm off to brush my teeth and go to bed as I look forward to seeing my baby in the morning.
    2014 RS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Buy you a nearer Spyder (2014 up) and it will have the 1330 engine in it, if it is a F3 or RT. This what everyone wants, and you will like it a lot better. With prices where they are, the 2014 and up will not cost you that much more!
    I made that mistake and bought a 2013 with the 998 engine! In less than a year i was so disappointed and traded it for a 2016 RT Limited!
    I used to own a 2013 RS-SM. I liked the 998 though it was thirsty and somewhat peaky. What I didn't like was, damn was that thing uncomfortable! Floorboards, seat and handlebar modifications finally made the thing somewhat tolerable for 100 mile jaunts..about the same distance when it needed gas. I finally sold it and bought an F3. Night and day difference.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

@TerryTheSpyderRyder I can definitely see myself changing the seat. It's usually one the first things I change. Rode it home about 100 miles and it wasn't that but I always want a little more cushion for comfort. Hopefully cross my fingers that once I do that I should be fine.I did the same to my Harley Sportster when I first got it and man what a difference a seat can make.Guess time will tell. ��
    2014 RS , Pearl White

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the new to you Spyder!! Make sure and get a photo in the Spyder Garage So I can have a look. Live to Ride, Ride to Live!!
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you very excited. Now I have to wait for Tuesday for the DMV to be open to transfer the title. I created an album now I'll have to figure out how to place picks in my garage.
    2014 RS , Pearl White