Spyder Garage

Cool Which yokohama tire?

Spydermen,
    I read several posts where they talk about how they like the Yokohama S tires. I went to the local Y dealer today and he listed several "S" tire types. I think there were some marked "Touring", and I think one was an "Aviid S", etc. Could you (y"all) send some details on the model you purchased? We have a '12 RT-L and a "13 RT-S. The rear tires look good, but I get kinda goosey when a tire gets old, even if it has been garaged it's entire life.
    Thanks for your help. Mrs Dinger and I are newbies, and we just logged our first two parades yesterday! We had a blast in our local parade, in which we were registered to participate. We heard there was a parade at 2:00 in a town about 20 miles away, so we rode up there to "watch" the parade. We just happened to drive into town on the street where they were lining up for the parade. I asked the lady if we had to be registered to participate and she said "no, come on in!" Our Spyders are blue and white, so with my wife's decorating skill, we were already "paraded up". We had a blast!

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have an Avid Touring S, if I recall correctly. Can’t tell you the size for sure right now, we are sitting in Charleston, NC waiting on our connecting flight to Peoria. After we settled on 17-18 PSI for the rear tire it has been great. I would definitely buy it again but I plan on a set of Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires for the front and if they are as good as everyone says I’ll get one of them for the rear when the time comes.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

205/50/15 Yokohama S Drive running 24 psi in rear so far about 5000 on it still looks good and handles very well. Lots of tires and choice out there the good thing is there are some very knowledgeable people in this group that are always willing to help you when needed. Good luck and ride safe.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Yokohama S-Drive in size 205/55 R15 is the one that is a near exact match to physical size of the OEM tire. We have sold and installed quite a few of these.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Yes 205/55/15 not 205/50/15 good catch jc.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DingerD View Post
    Spydermen,
    I read several posts where they talk about how they like the Yokohama S tires. I went to the local Y dealer today and he listed several "S" tire types. I think there were some marked "Touring", and I think one was an "Aviid S", etc. Could you (y"all) send some details on the model you purchased? We have a '12 RT-L and a "13 RT-S. The rear tires look good, but I get kinda goosey when a tire gets old, even if it has been garaged it's entire life.
    Thanks for your help. Mrs Dinger and I are newbies, and we just logged our first two parades yesterday! We had a blast in our local parade, in which we were registered to participate. We heard there was a parade at 2:00 in a town about 20 miles away, so we rode up there to "watch" the parade. We just happened to drive into town on the street where they were lining up for the parade. I asked the lady if we had to be registered to participate and she said "no, come on in!" Our Spyders are blue and white, so with my wife's decorating skill, we were already "paraded up". We had a blast!
    I DingerD

Here are many who installed a toyo proxes 4 tire for the rear tire, and you can have the original dimention be 225 50 R15
    and it gives a good return.

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

Depends on if you want to correct the factory built-in speedometer error while replacing the rear tire. A 205/65/15 resulted in near 100% correct speed when compared to GPS on our 2014 RTL. Based on UTQG (softness, durability ratings) I chose the Yokohama AVID Envigor over the "S" Drive model. It's been on for about 5200 miles now and hardly looks worn but delivers plenty of traction.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)