Spyder Garage

Default For Those with M2 Shocks

Looking at upgrading shock on the RT, been looking at Elka and M2. Not sure why to choose one over the other they both seem like good shocks and both appear to have great customer service. I don't see my self adjusting the shocks all that often, I just would like a more stable, and better handling ride. Have already do the sway bar, laser alignment and car tires and is pretty damn good hoping the shocks will put it over the edge.
    To be continued....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

whatever you choose the M2 for me has set the Spyder over the top. That was with the fronts only. Just installed the rear shock finally and finishing up that project and more.

Cant wait to see the difference for the rear end now..

Once you set the shocks you may never touch them again

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been running the rubber donuts in my OEM shocks now for 4 years. They cost about $7 and work great and don't ware out. Along with Ron's sway bar it's like riding a rail through the curves.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Been running the rubber donuts in my OEM shocks now for 4 years. They cost about $7 and work great and don't ware out. Along with Ron's sway bar it's like riding a rail through the curves.
    Rubber donuts? Please describe.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I am curios about the donuts as well.....bushings? Why do people want new shocks anyway. I guess I would need to ride a spyder with the aftermarket shocks to understand. I understand stiffening up the suspension on a car for less body lean more grip etc. but I don't wish for a harsher ride on the can am.

Spyder Garage

From what I understand and I will testing on a friends this weekend, it is more controlled/smoother ride rather than a harsher ride.
    To be continued....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

https://www.holley.com/products/susp...nts/parts/1287

This is not the correct spacer for a small coil shock like the spyder has. It is just an example of what they look like. Search Mr. Gasket for the correct size for your shock. The one I got was a little over sized so I cut about an inch off of it so as not to make it over lap its self. Lift your spyder up just enough to relax the spring and use dawn liquid soap to help squeeze the spacer in place. I placed mine in about the center coil. The size I got was for a quad that had a snowplow mounted on the front. The spacer lifted the front of the quad just enough to keep the blade from dragging. About and 1".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just test drove around with the new rear M2 shock.

Now I have them all around the bike.

What a amazing ride now.

I also notice the compressor doesn't kick on as the rear shock has been doing its job now..

No tweeking with the rear shock adjustments seems to be right on!!